Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was searching for a motherboard to purchase for my i5 2600k. I have two gtx260's right now and I was hoping they would make a x16 x16 for a relative cheap price. Did any of you people notice the pricing is based off pcie slots?
mad.gif

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just feel like I am being ripped off. Especially having to buy a K processor to get a high overclock. The Ivy bridge is based off the sandy bridge I have a feeling it will be the same in a year.

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigaaa;11948045
I just feel like I am being ripped off. Especially having to buy a K processor to get a high overclock.
Thats why I'm not with Intel anymore. No matter how fast they are.
I felt like I was robbed after I bought my QX9650, 3 years ago.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
P67 only has 8x/8x bandwidth in CFX/SLI. There is not much difference between 8x and 16x with current cards.

Sandy Bridge also has DRM on the chip for Netflix. Very annoying.

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;11948072
P67 only has 8x/8x bandwidth in CFX/SLI. There is not much difference between 8x and 16x with current cards.

I believe that the DRM only works with their streaming service not Net Flix, and you have to be using the H67 chipset. The difference between 8x and 16x is only noticeable when you are at extreme resolutions. (Tri-Monitor)

·
Lister
13,231 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow19935;11947992
thats why people should of stuck with x58 and wait till ivy bridge or Bulldoser
There is basically no difference between 16x and 8x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigaaa;11948045
I just feel like I am being ripped off. Especially having to buy a K processor to get a high overclock. The Ivy bridge is based off the sandy bridge I have a feeling it will be the same in a year.
K chips are only $30 more
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSEFINI;11948063
Thats why I'm not with Intel anymore. No matter how fast they are.
I felt like I was robbed after I bought my QX9650, 3 years ago.
Thats your fault for buying a QX chip. You knew what it was and that it was no better OC'd than the $300 chips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riou;11948072
It isn't for Netflix IIRC. Its for Intels streaming service and basically doesn't effect anyone.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Yeah i am missing sandybridge and going 1366, besides clarkdale has the best parts of sb without the drawbacks.
Just a shame they never made quad versions of clarkdale
frown.gif

Just picked up an i7 920 for £100 which is a steal here in the uk
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
2,955 Posts
@ Vegetables
Was Intel's top chip at that time, so ...why is my fault?

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOSEFINI;11948146
@ Vegetables
Was Intel's top chip at that time, so ...why is my fault?
Because you knew what it was, or if you didn't you could have very easily found out, and you voluntarily gave them your money. You weren't robbed, you made a purchase without doing your research, and I have a hard time figuring out how that is Intels fault.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicFrost;11948090
I believe that the DRM only works with their streaming service not Net Flix, and you have to be using the H67 chipset. The difference between 8x and 16x is only noticeable when you are at extreme resolutions. (Tri-Monitor)
I am talking about 16x and 4x$159, 16x and 8x $200, 16x 16x 8x $319 the pricing.

@ Vegetable, I know you've said you won't notice a difference at 16x and 8x. Will you notice a difference in 16x and 4x because the mid range boards are all 16x and 4x. higher end boards are 16x and 8x and 16x. 16x and 8x. I just can't believe how much you pay for a slightly faster pice slot.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor0024;11948807
Of all the mobos I have seen there is also only dual channel memory. I kinda expected to see tri....
I also thought they would of added in ddr3 triple but oh well. It's like a 1156 chip with less L3 cache, faster memory controller and added integrated graphics ONLY with H chipsets.

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Did all the noobs just wake up. We been discussing this every day what sandy bridge is, and what it can do. And also the 8x 8x concern. We knew LGA 1155 only has dual channel and the 8x 8x. Yet again Intel has delivered another dose of awesomeness. To be honest P67 boards are DIRT Cheap.

• Rep+
Reactions: ugotd8

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Craigaaa
View Post

I am talking about 16x and 4x$159, 16x and 8x $200, 16x 16x 8x $319 the pricing.

@ Vegetable, I know you've said you won't notice a difference at 16x and 8x. Will you notice a difference in 16x and 4x because the mid range boards are all 16x and 4x. higher end boards are 16x and 8x and 16x. 16x and 8x. I just can't believe how much you pay for a slightly faster pice slot.

Honestly I don't even think you take a large hit going from 16x to 4x. I remember a review on Toms Hardware I believe that showed like a 6% performance hit going from 16x to 4x. That being said I wouldn't be comfortable with anything below 8x.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBcobra;11950101
Did all the noobs just wake up. We been discussing this every day what sandy bridge is, and what it can do. And also the 8x 8x concern. We knew LGA 1155 only has dual channel and the 8x 8x. Yet again Intel has delivered another dose of awesomeness. To be honest P67 boards are DIRT Cheap.
lachen.gif
I am no noob to hardware nor anything relating to computers. I'm guessing you have 4 years of college education in computer science and some certs as well. I have not been on the forums in a long time and just recently been doing the research a few days before launch, so be easy on us. I would have to disagree with the P67 boards being dirt cheap.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
ARe people just complaining for the sake of complaining? When Intel first had triple memory people complained about how it was redundant and did nothing but add to the cost.

Nobody is forcing you to buy the products, if you don't think they are priced fairly go and buy a competitor's product.

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttaylor0024;11948807
Of all the mobos I have seen there is also only dual channel memory. I kinda expected to see tri....
that mid range mobos so the 1155 is pretty much the same as 1156 so dont expect to see tri memory on the midrange part of intel sorry
smile.gif
but on the socket 2011 surely tri

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marduk666;11968383
that mid range mobos so the 1155 is pretty much the same as 1156 so dont expect to see tri memory on the midrange part of intel sorry
smile.gif
but on the socket 2011 surely tri
If I remember correctly, the LGA2011 is going to have quad channel RAM.
eek.gif

In benchmarks it look like the dual channel Sandy Bridge memory is as fast as the Tri channel X58.
coolsmiley.png

1 - 20 of 24 Posts