Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.

So I just downloaded the F7B BIOS for my mobo. Now when I put in these settings (below), it just freezes at the BIOS logo screen and restarts until it decides to lower the OC to 3.5GHz. I did get it to work once though, and it worked great at that. I used the same settings though, so it worked the first time, but not anymore.

Is this a BIOS problem? Defective board? I know the CPU can hit 5GHz as I was fine on the GD65.

Settings:
CPU: 50x(100, 100.1, 100.2) (tried them all)
VCore: 1.50-1.52 range (again, tried them all)
CPU PLL: 1.92V and 1.94V
HT: On
Turbo: On
ISS: On
Everything else at "Auto"

RAM:
1600, 8-8-8-24, 1.64V (stock settings)

AHCI mode (know this used to cause conflicts)

Any suggestions? Is there a F8 BIOS?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
try disabling ht.

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
its ok, not that great, but ok if you don't have LLC on. That is a pretty bad vcore for 5ghz tho lol. Keep temps under 80c.

·
Registered
3,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin0822
View Post

its ok, not that great, but ok if you don't have LLC on. That is a pretty bad vcore for 5ghz tho lol. Keep temps under 80c.

I'm actually not so sure it's my VCore now. I raised it to 1.55 = 1.512 Under load and it's still not stable. I have my PLL at 1.96 Just to be sure that's not the cause. The only thing I can think of is that I set my FSB to 100.2 so it stays at 100.0 under load. Could that be the problem?

EDIT: And yea, my VCore doesn't rise under load, it drops massively. With LLC on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts