Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, this is my first post and I'm delighted to see there's a forum dedicated to the Asus P6T.

Up until Friday, I was running the following system with no issues :

* P6T with Intel I7 920 air cooled at 3.4GHz stable
*Geforce GTX 660TI 3GB DDR5
*Vista 64Bit all updates and service packs
*6 Gigs ram OCZ3P1600LV6GK triple-channel PC3-12800 memory kit sporting 7-7-7-24 timings at 1.65V Sitting in Slot A1, B1 and C1(3 stick of 2GB each)
*Antec TP-750 Watts PSU
*Antec Gamer case Twelve Hundred
*WD750GB 7200 RPM
*Sidewinder Mouse and Logitech G11 keyboard
*Lg DVD read/write SuperMulti Securdisc

Given the up-coming DOOM game May 13 release, the website states minimum requirements as Windows 7 minimum, 8 GB ram, and I5 or I7 (recent generations).

A quick google search yeilded a post stating P6T works with Windows 10. I should have looked at the ASUS website...

Not wanting to be intimidated by the CPU and Ram and OS specs, I hastily decided to take the plunge and upgrade to Windows 10 64 Bit
I updated my system to the following:

*additional 12 GB of Crucial Ballistic DDR3 PC3-12800 • 9-9-9-24 • Unbuffered • NON-ECC 1.5V • 512Meg x 64 Sitting in Slot A2, B2 and C2 for a total of 18GB of recognized Ram
*Asus Strix GF GTX970 DCU II OC 4GB DDR5 PCIe
*Corsair Water/Liquid Cooled H80i V2 CPu Cooler
*Seagate 7200RPM 2TB Primary Drive (my old WD drive acting as Second Drive)
*Fresh Install of Windows 10 64Bit Home Edition
*P6T reset to default factory state 2.67GHz.

BIOS recognizes the 2 SATA drives, but not the LG DVD Drive.....
I have set OS PnP to Enable.

So, here is the good and bad news:
I'm able to run Doom Open beta extremely well, no crashes , great graphics:)

Bad news: my LG DVD is not recognized in Device manager.

Looking at the LG website, I followed their suggestions for getting the DVD to be recognized(by un-installing all instances of ATA Channel 0 Channel 1) nd then rebooting the system.

Also, my 2 Drives, which were initially recognized, have now disappeared from the Device manager, only to be replaced by a Floppy Drive (shown as USB).

The questions i have for the group are the following:

1) Has anyone successfully installed Windows 10 64 bit on the ASUS P6T? (Note: the ASUS website does not specifically state P6T supports Windows 10)
2) Am i breaking any configuration rules by mixing the OCZ Ram and Crucial Ram?
3) Has anyone had issues with their DVD drive not being recognized?
4) Has anyone played DOOM Open Beta this past weekend?

My apologies for the long-winded message.,but perhaps this will help others with similar issues.

Thank you.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
If the LG optical drive isn't appearing in the BIOS then you might have a misconfiguration. You will need to most likely enabled CSM (Compatibility Support Module) and possibly legacy/legacy/uefi mode. I will update this post later when I have more time.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts