Overclock.net banner

p6t deluxe v2 ram speed question

1909 Views 10 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  lardo5150
ok, this is probrably really dumb, so dont flame me.

CPUZ is showing my tri channel 1600 ram running at 536.
Is this correct? (536x3) or should it read 1600?

In the bios, should I change it from auto to 1600 as well?
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
ok, this is probrably really dumb, so dont flame me.

CPUZ is showing my tri channel 1600 ram running at 536.
Is this correct? (536x3) or should it read 1600?

In the bios, should I change it from auto to 1600 as well?
yeah Its actually just the speed of each stick. Oh btw 536 X 3 is 1608
You got nothing to worry about.
See less See more
erm... no... thats incorrect. in cpuz, where it says Dram Frequency, it should read 800Mhz if you have 1600Mhz ram. At 536Mhz, your ram is running at 1072 Mhz. Also, take a look at the box under that, to get the Multiplier/Ratio of the Bclk-Ram.
Quote:

Originally Posted by weidass View Post
erm... no... thats incorrect. in cpuz, where it says Dram Frequency, it should read 800Mhz if you have 1600Mhz ram. At 536Mhz, your ram is running at 1072 Mhz
Ok, so where do I need to change this at?
I looked all through this bios.
The only place I could find is where i can change it from auto, 800 to 1600
See less See more
one moment, let me check my bios for the exact settings. before i do tho, please tell me what your Bclk is.
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
it wouldn't multiply it by three like ddr2 did it by 2? Ah your correct. My bad. weidass knows what hes talking about.. Sorry for the wrong info.
Quote:

one moment, let me check my bios for the exact settings. before i do tho, please tell me what your Bclk is.
BCLK speed?

If so, 133MHz.

Everything is at default right now. Still trying to load all my stuff before I really get into overclocking this thing.
See less See more
@ BK7794 Its ok, sorry about that, didnt mean to be so abrupt.

@ OP, looking at the bios, under the AI Tweaker section, there is a "Bclk Frequency"setting, and two settings down from that, is a "Dram Frequency DDR-3####Mhz"
you want to change that Dram Freq, to as close to 1600Mhz as you can get it, but dont go more than about 1615 or else it will probably crash.

On the ASUS bios, the 'DDR-3####Mhz' changes when you change the Bclk, so as i say, just get it as close to 1600 as possible

EDIT

Quote:

Originally Posted by lardo5150 View Post
BCLK speed?

If so, 133MHz.

Everything is at default right now. Still trying to load all my stuff before I really get into overclocking this thing.
ah ok, so yeah, it should hit something like 1608 if i remember correctly.

just remember that if you want to overclock the CPU, you will need to change the bclk, then change the DDR-3 Freq to make it 1600 or slightly less.
See less See more
  • Rep+
Reactions: 1
ok, my bios is a little different.
I have DRAM frequency, not DRAM DDR3 Frequency.
I also dont have blck under AI, I have UCLK.

Anyway, I changed my AI to Manual since I will be overclocking later, and just changed DRAM Frequency to 1600 (gave me options of 800, 1060, 1333, etc.) and now CPUZ shows 800 instead of 536.

EDIT: I want to add that the volt got set to 1.66 and I could not change it (this is for the ram).
Is this ok?
yeah, its fine. Due to a thing called Vdroop, you wont actually get 1.66volts, so dont worry about it.
See less See more
Quote:

yeah, its fine. Due to a thing called Vdroop, you wont actually get 1.66volts, so dont worry about it.

Thanks Weidass.

Going to start the overclock tonight, just glad I got it running at the speed it should.
See less See more
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.