Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I traded a e2220 and 4 gig of kingston ram to a guy at work i put my e7400
and 4 gig of super talent ram on it ,all slots are populated .My problem is no video or post and i know the powersupply works the ram works and the e7400 works fine on a p5nsli motherboard.I get a blue and red led on the motherboard when it starts,i need to know what colors the motherboard is supposed to have
when it boots correctly.I looked on the site for bios compatibility and it gives support for the e7400 dont know the other coding on the cpu.its version 1.0.
motherboard
i looked at the pins through a magnifying glass and everything looks fine ,right now im thinking its a bios problem or it could be the ram,but i need to know what the leds are telling me.
my specs
p7n sli platinum
e7400 cpu
4- 1 gig sticks of supertalent ram
coolermaster extreme power supply
2 9600 gso in sli
thanks for the help.

·
Registered
291 Posts
put 1 stick of ram in. then switch it around differnt ram slots to see if it boots up.

Take 1 video card out and use 1 for now. And if no video shows up than switch to a different pci slot.

edit;

if that dont work see if you have any extra psu wire sticking around. try switching the wire it can change differnt watt output and power your system up. that happened to my system.

You can also try clearing your cmos.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts