Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my new machine built, and up and running. Of all the Asus Utilities I was wondering which ones are useful and which ones are pointless...
biggrin.gif

Here is the giant list...

ASUS AI Suite II V1.02.16
ASUS Mobilink V1.01.05
ASUS Update V1.03.04
ASUS BT GO! V1.00.44
ASUS Digi+ Power Control V1.00.10
ASUS EPU V1.03.08
ASUS FAN Xpert Plus V1.01.09
ASUS My Logo V1.02.04
ASUS Probe II V1.00.47
ASUS System Information V1.02.05.
ASUS TurboV EVO V1.01.10
ASUS USB 3.0 Boost V1.02.06
ASUS SSD Caching V1.00.07

Thanks alot for your help!

For reference i do have a Vertex 4 SSD, 4x4gig of Corsair Vengence RAM, and an i7 3930K processor

·
Premium Member
14,173 Posts
All of them are completely unnecessary, really. The only one I'd actually recommend is ASUS USB 3.0 Boost as it greatly increases the transfer rate for USB 3.0 compared to what Windows itself can do.

The rest of them are just extra features that provide system information and create a bridge between the Operating System and the BIOS so you can make changes from the BIOS in the OS on-the-fly. I may be old fashioned, but this raises flags for me and is prone to causing way too many issues (I mean, you're making changes to the BIOS in the Operating System).

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Peen View Post

All of them are completely unnecessary, really.
Thanks for confirming my general impression. I was pretty sure that most of them were useless but I have never had an ASUS Motherboard before so I didn't want to miss out if there was anything that was actually useful. Thanks for taking the time to help me out by posting guys!

·
Registered
324 Posts
The fan xpert is handy for changing fan speed profiles on the fly (changing from high performance to quiet mode quickly...).

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjBSOD View Post

All of them are completely unnecessary, really. The only one I'd actually recommend is ASUS USB 3.0 Boost as it greatly increases the transfer rate for USB 3.0 compared to what Windows itself can do.
The rest of them are just extra features that provide system information and create a bridge between the Operating System and the BIOS so you can make changes from the BIOS in the OS on-the-fly. I may be old fashioned, but this raises flags for me and is prone to causing way too many issues (I mean, you're making changes to the BIOS in the Operating System).
I read somewhere that the USB 3.0 boost was killing usb drives. They couldn't handle it.
See if I can find it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts