Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
For those of us looking for a bit more resolution to Morrigan's storyline from Dragon Age: Origins and it's accompanying Witch Hunt DLC, today is a mixed bag. Bioware's Mike Laidlaw, the boss of all things Dragon Age, told Game Informer that Morrigan will not be an obtainable party member in the next game. Disappointment ensued.
Source

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,913 Posts
qq

But still, it will be for a greater good.

Edit: although there were certain...benefits of having her in the party.
rolleyes.gif

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
I liked the warden story line, myself. Want to revisit it somehow...

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Anyone notice the first one was just like a big knockoff of Neverwinter nights? Same party layout, same type of game, even the same number of allowed party members. I enjoyed it, but it was still a knockoff. Then they murdered their own franchise by releasing number 2. Its weird to see companies just blatantly commit suicide like that. I have no experience making games, and I could have walked in there and told them what the result would be. They should have done more testing and listened to their fans.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotonFanatic View Post

Anyone notice the first one was just like a big knockoff of Neverwinter nights? Same party layout, same type of game, even the same number of allowed party members. I enjoyed it, but it was still a knockoff. Then they murdered their own franchise by releasing number 2. Its weird to see companies just blatantly commit suicide like that. I have no experience making games, and I could have walked in there and told them what the result would be. They should have done more testing and listened to their fans.
I believe they were attempting to appeal to a larger audience, which completely backfired so much so they may as well just put the gun in their mouth and pulled the trigger. The effect would have been the same lol.

·
Registered
3,291 Posts
Quote:

Never played Neverwinter so i didn't care. I still spent 300+ hours playing the original and beat the sequel twice. And how the hell did they "murder" the franchise? The writing was spectacular as always, the characters were more well rounded than in Origins, and I quite enjoyed the new combat system. I certainly had to pause and think more tactically than in the first where I just ran up on enemies and smacked them around. The only problem i had with the DA2 was the fact that the environments were friggin identical. I know Bioware said it was rushed but it doesn't change the fact that it was irritating.

·
Adclock.net
3,751 Posts
i played five minutes of the second, The second is nothing like the first, I stopped caring after that, Uninstalled it and forgot that DA2 even exsisted, Bioware has alot to answer for before i'll play another of their games.

·
Premium Member
8,240 Posts
Quote:

LMAO wut? Bioware made NWN, Bioware made Dragon Age, they didn't "rip their own game off" lol

·
Reject the system
1,555 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

i played five minutes of the second, The second is nothing like the first, I stopped caring after that, Uninstalled it and forgot that DA2 even exsisted, Bioware has alot to answer for before i'll play another of their games.
That's too bad, you're missing out on some fantastic writing. The story is of the highest caliber to be expected from Bioware.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxxyarly View Post

That's too bad, you're missing out on some fantastic writing. The story is of the highest caliber to be expected from Bioware.
Agreed, both games were insanely good IMO

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

LMAO wut? Bioware made NWN, Bioware made Dragon Age, they didn't "rip their own game off" lol
Guess its a love it or hate it thing. They went all japanesey on #2. I ain't down with that. I didn't play any of the 1 million japanese war games that made it over here either. You know, all those where the combat is exactly like DA2. If you don't know what type of game I'm talking about then you don't pay much attention to games released. It was exactly like that. And if they didn't rip off their own game, then why didn't they call DA1, NWN3? Its obviously very heavily inspired by NWN2.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayleyne View Post

Guess that bandwagon ride of your made you miss a good game...

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
No idea what they have in mind but the end of DAO and the Witch Hunt DLC really has me amped for a good BioWare story! Morrigan as a possible antagonist is definitely something I've considered as well.

BioWare needs to really take their time and think out a stunning return for both the DA series and the ME series. Can't wait!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts