Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Tired
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Recently changed a lot of things with my build and long story short this is the first time I'm actually going to be selling my previous parts, since normally I would hand them to another family member to use.

Specifically I'm looking to sell Two RAM sticks, an i7 4790K, MSI Z97 Gaming 5 motherboard, and a Corsair CX 750w PSU, and I think I'm lacking a lot of the protective packaging, especially for the CPU and RAM DIMMs.

For the PSU I have the original box and this cardboard sorta.. thing that the actual unit sits on. For the motherboard I have pretty much everything other than a larger box to put the original in of course. For the CPU I have the original box it came with, though I am missing the small plastic enclosure that the unit itself sits in. Finally for the RAM I have...nothing. Literally none of its original packaging.

So yeah, excluding the obvious boxes to ship these in and bubblewrap/packing peanuts, what am I missing to be able to ship these off safely?

·
Tired
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That I have covered but I'm primarily asking about what to put the CPU and RAM DIMMs in, since I don't have those plastic enclosures that they normally come with.

·
Registered
53 Posts
The safest thing to do is just buy the packaging online for the cpu and ram. I have purchased CPU tray holders on more than a few occasions. Same with the ram.

You can also considering selling the CPU in the board.

And do not forget to put the cpu protector socket over the pins on the board is being shipped out.

·
Tired
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rav3n07 View Post

The safest thing to do is just buy the packaging online for the cpu and ram. I have purchased CPU tray holders on more than a few occasions. Same with the ram.

You can also considering selling the CPU in the board.

And do not forget to put the cpu protector socket over the pins on the board is being shipped out.
Currently at work, so I'm only able to look on my phone, but I'm unfortunately unable to find just trays for my the specific socket of my cpu, and my ram. Where do you normally order yours?

·
Tired
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going off those I was able to find what I need for the CPU, but I am definitely having trouble on the RAM side. With that one linked in particular, I don't really want 10 cases, and tI also suspect my actual RAM DIMMs wouldn't actually fit due to their huge heatsink.

Been looking for a while for alternatives but it seems damn near impossible. Any sites that even look like they have any chance of offering what I need appear to be based in China or Taiwan or something, and I just can't seem find a container that would fit these things.

Is there any other option for these RAM units?

EDIT: The height of the sticks is 42 mm / 1.65 inch

·
Premium Member
18,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarbingerOfLive View Post

Going off those I was able to find what I need for the CPU, but I am definitely having trouble on the RAM side. With that one linked in particular, I don't really want 10 cases, and tI also suspect my actual RAM DIMMs wouldn't actually fit due to their huge heatsink.

Been looking for a while for alternatives but it seems damn near impossible. Any sites that even look like they have any chance of offering what I need appear to be based in China or Taiwan or something, and I just can't seem find a container that would fit these things.

Is there any other option for these RAM units?

EDIT: The height of the sticks is 42 mm / 1.65 inch
Buy some anti static bags. Put the ram in, wrap it up and cover in bubble wrap.

Easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts