Overclock.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys i recently purchased a NH-D14, and i have a theme of colours which is red / black, these wont look good in it in my opinnion do you think it would be hard to paint these?

and another question is if it worth replacing the fans on the d14 to get better cooling/

·
Banned
1,829 Posts
Totally Paint those fans (And No, the Noctua Fans are High Quality. That's why their fans are so pricey, and that they use a SSO Bearing, which Is nice for Quietness.)

·
Premium Member
3,801 Posts
Painting those fans will be, pretty sweet, Dont replace the fan's as noctua only use high quality materials so the chances are you will replace it with worse fans

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
Also keep in mind that an SSO bearing is an oil pressure bearing so cracking the seal on the bearing.

1) voids your warranty, not that it matters if you are looking to paint

2) Will greatly damage the life cycle and you will constantly be replacing the oil in the bearing because it will seep out.

You see these fans don't go together the same as other fans the fan hub and bearing assembly are separate to the fan frame. So when it come apart it comes out in one piece. But then again you go back to result (2).

I have seen them painted before but each time has resulted in me face palming.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts