it would be a piece of cake
it would look sick
trie it dude

• Rep+
Reactions: RBorowik

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
I'm no professional, but I would Mask it off with painters tape and just spray the "stencil". Like, Use painters tape to cover the Case panels but leave only HAF uncovered. After spraying, let it dry, remove tape. If you want, you could always take a really small paintbrush and outline it in Black or White to make it Pop.

·
Premium Member
7,731 Posts
I really wanna do this on mine. To like blue or something. To match my cathodes

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
First, mask off the general outline and surrounding area. Then, use some masking putty (should be able to find it at any local hobby shop, like Hobby Lobby or Hobbytown USA, in the states that is). It's just a putty that you can paint on to get any shape you want, and it dries into a latex-like consistency. It'll be perfect for the non-straight edges of the letters.

Then just spray paint the color you want, wait overnight for everything to dry good, then just peel off the mask. Should look great!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by seven9st surfer View Post
First, mask off the general outline and surrounding area. Then, use some masking putty (should be able to find it at any local hobby shop, like Hobby Lobby or Hobbytown USA, in the states that is). It's just a putty that you can paint on to get any shape you want, and it dries into a latex-like consistency. It'll be perfect for the non-straight edges of the letters.

Then just spray paint the color you want, wait overnight for everything to dry good, then just peel off the mask. Should look great!
Thanks ill have to take a look and see where I can get some from over here (stupid small town has nothing).

·
Not New to Overclock.net
9,204 Posts
+1 for seven9st surfer's method.. but if you want to have real fun doing that. you can use Air Brush to color that HAF.. it will be more precise and might be more fun as well..

Make sure you have a sharp exacto knife to cut around those letters welll and also make sure you have well stuck edges of that mask...

good luck RB

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Trace the HAF logo design onto a 100% scale piece of photo paper. Then spray paint that sketch with whatever color you'd like. Then, like a stamp, while the paint is still wet, put it face down on the panel and peel it off. This should give it a rugged look as some of the paint will stay on the paper and there won't be a distinct edge.

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
use the putty which was earlier suggested. Don't use an exacto-knife with the painters tape + case, because you will need to outline some really sharp curves. and the only way for the knife to cut through the tape is to put more pressure on it. but you need to apply just enough pressure to cut through the painter's tape, but not too much to scratch the case. you will end up scratching your case if you use an exacto-knife. I made that mistake when painting my case.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts