Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just wondering <b>if its by law</b> that a painter to show you the recipt and you must sign it to prove that he did the job?

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Mikey, it's done through a contract. It should be laid out. Once that contract is signed, you avide to the terms and conditions. <br />
<br />
If there's no contract? you won't get anything, in forms of receipt that is. If by receipt you mean retail store type receipt. <br />
<br />
Now, if you went to Home Depot or Lowes (just to give you an example), they send the contractors and at the end of the job, YOU should signed a copy in which you are 100% certain that the job the contractor/home depot or lowes has done is to your complete satisfaction. <br />
Then again a previous contract has been signed. <br />
<br />
Now, if you hire somebody and that somebody didn't finish the job but you paid in full, that's a big problem because most likely you won't get your money back, sort of why I never contract anybody that's not insured and bond. <br />
<br />
But why you ask anyway?

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Nasgul</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">Mikey, it's done through a contract. It should be laid out. Once that contract is signed, you avide to the terms and conditions. <br />
<br />
If there's no contract? you won't get anything, in forms of receipt that is. If by receipt you mean retail store type receipt. <br />
<br />
Now, if you went to Home Depot or Lowes (just to give you an example), they send the contractors and at the end of the job, YOU should signed a copy in which you are 100% certain that the job the contractor/home depot or lowes has done is to your complete satisfaction. <br />
Then again a previous contract has been signed. <br />
<br />
Now, if you hire somebody and that somebody didn't finish the job but you paid in full, that's a big problem because most likely you won't get your money back, sort of why I never contract anybody that's not insured and bond. <br />
<br />
But why you ask anyway?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Well here is the full story. <br />
<br />
My dad punctured 3 holes into our wall out in the balcony. The homeowner (Bella Rosa) said that we need to fix it, we did but it turned out not matching the original color. So they sent another letter telling us to do it again. We did and it still didn't match (we went all over the place to get the perfect match, including Frazer, HomeDepot). Finally the third letter saying that they will send a guy over to do it. So we went over to HD for the 10x times telling the paint guy to give us 99.999999% of the matching color. It turned out 98% but only if you stare at it long enough within 2 feet. <br />
<br />
So the homeowner sent a guy out, we told my grandma not to open the door for anyone (since she's very old and we didn't want to get rob). He knocked on the door, no one answered, he left. Now we got to pay $459 of painting service!!! *** is that.<br />
<br />
I talked to the lady over at the Bella Rosa saying that the painter didn't do jack, me and my pop did it all. We even sent them photos of ours equipment with the paints, brushes, ect.....<br />
<br />
So Bella Rosa just called my mom saying that they talked to the painting company and they apparantly showed them all the document saying that the person that they sent out did fix the stucco and everything.<br />
<br />
So i thought that they're suppose to give us a receipt if they did went out, fix it, clean it up. And we have to sign for it as a prove for him to get paid.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
<tr>

So Bella Rosa just called my mom saying that they talked to the painting company and they apparantly showed them all the document saying that the person that they sent out did fix the stucco and everything.

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>No signature? No pay. Showing a statement w/o any signature of the work being done doesn't mean jack schit! <br />
<br />
Anyone and everyone can make up a statement but unless that stament is signed, it's worth crap. He said, she said doesn't work that way when there's money involved. <br />
<br />
You can't and will not pay for services that have not been done, several contractors are like that, they try to make the quickest possible buck and if you let them, they'll screw you, particularly with women, women are easy target for contractors and mechanics. <br />
<br />
I'd say, don't pay and if the situtation scales to: "Oh I'll sue you", tell them: Okay bring it on, I want to see all the documents "we" signed that they have in their possession I'm sure the judge will like to see 'em as well.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok cool, thanks alot<br><br>
But my parents talked to our attorney and he said that its best to pay them since the money will keep rising, and we'll they'll have bad credit into their profile. Thats bullcrap, so we're pushed against the wall and my parents felt that if they went to court, they'll even loose more money compare to the current value now

·
Premium Member
3,947 Posts
Be more carefull next time.....you seriously can't trust anyone who does business with you.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
I'd say get a real lawyer. <br />
<br />
Lawyers should know better that a document not signed means nothing, the person that you've talked in regards of this matter is not a lawyer, maybe he pretends to be or just playig one.

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
But that cost more money to get a real lawyer than to pay $459.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
<tr>

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>Mikey122687</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">But my parents talked to our attorney and he said that its best to pay them since the money will keep rising, and we'll they'll have bad credit into their profile. Thats bullcrap, so we're pushed against the wall and my parents felt that if they went to court, they'll even loose more money compare to the current value now</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>K. Plan B: <br />
-Don't pay, that ammount will not ruin your credit and the money will not rise. <br />
<br />
-Let the other party take you to court, they will have to prove it with a signed document that it was done, if they don't have such? They can't prove anything. They'll end up wasting money and time and that's not the nature of most, if not all businesses. <br />
I'm sure they can't threat you about something but believe me, threats are just horse crap. <br />
<br />
The worst they can do is to send the bill to a collect agency and that's about it. Ignore every mail you get from the collect agency if that were to occur. Don't listen to the agency rep if they were to call, tell them to go F'em selves. <br />
<br />
You pay, you lose! Don't give in, 100% of all contractors are thieves and they will steal from you anytime they can.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Hey Nasgul,<br />
<br />
What`s up with the statement, "100% of all contractors are theives and will steal from you anytime they can"? I`m an honest contractor who`s been in business for 8 years. I`m licensed, insured and bonded. I don`t do much advertising because I don`t HAVE to; my work gets the word out. So, before you make some blanket and thoughtless statement be sure and get your facts straight. MOST contractors who have been around for awhile and are bonded, insured and licensed, have many repeat customers and resent being lumped into the fictious group you put them in.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
I will say that HVAC is completely different than what I'm talking about here....I'd say things that go with home remodeling, not maintenance.<br />
<br />
And BTW, yes, I still keep calling the guys that does my HVAC in my house because that's one area I know I'm not getting ripped off.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts