Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored at work so I broke down my work PC and set it up on some anti-static foam sitting on my desk. Then I proceeded to break down the case.

I have already done a little bit of painting to the mesh (painted it red) but I wanna take this a little further. I broke the entire case down to the most simple parts I could (without removing the rivets, that's coming). I am planning out a white/black exterior, black interior, keeping the mesh red but I am gonna sand blast it and repaint it (hopefully a better paint job than before) with two white racing stripes down the middle. I am not going to make a log because this is going to be a very short simple mod without a lot of update posts.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Only thing stopping me from painting mine now, is procrastination.
Without my case, I can't play my games

Although thanks to my mod, I won't have nearly as much to paint as you guys
*cough*
still trying to decide on a color scheme for it though... that is a tough one =|

Good luck with the paint! subbed

Edit: Is that chrome trim a PITA to take out or what? sheeesh

·
Premium Member
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Morphix View Post
Only thing stopping me from painting mine now, is procrastination.
Without my case, I can't play my games

Although thanks to my mod, I won't have nearly as much to paint as you guys
*cough*
still trying to decide on a color scheme for it though... that is a tough one =|

Good luck with the paint! subbed

Edit: Is that chrome trim a PITA to take out or what? sheeesh
Tell me about it. I think I spent just as much time getting the trim out as I did with getting everything else taken apart. A small flathead and some patience will help though. I ended up getting frustrated and I broke one of the tabs but no big, it won't affect anything.

You should do like I did and just set up your rig on a piece of foam or something. I can still use the PC b/c I set it up kinda like a test bench on my desk.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Glad to see I'm not the only one who broke off a tab

The problem with setting it up for me, is that I lack desk space, lol.

I should be getting my tub of Bondo tomorow, so I'll finally be starting the paint sometime next week. By then I hope to have found a way to keep my computer running without the sexy case, for a little while, anyways.. =[

1 - 7 of 7 Posts