Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Here is some pictures to prove the points i have made in this posting, if need be i can take temperature readings from within my case to show you its running extremely cool.

And no the cards arnt too close together, they have half an inch of space between them.

Ive ran 2 470s before with 0 room and my temps where not this bad.

So as you can see on the VRMS there is no heat sinks, as far as the main heat sink goes, it is also smaller in size and is powered coated black and missing the heat pipes.

FOR 100% FACT IT IS BY FAR THE SMALLEST HS ON THE GTX 460 IVE SEEN.

Remember i care about your money and i dont want you to spend it on this.

• Rep+
Reactions: sLowEnd

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
How about you take some pictures of the card, rather than highlighting a different card and saying stuff isn't there?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
It seems all that dust may be the cause of your temps. And if you had 2 470s before why get these? :/
Changed my mind with the gtx 470s and returned them to the store 15 or so days later for a 5870
Power consumption sucked and the gf100 temps sucked as well
The 5870 looked better in quality so i got one.

Like i said i want a 1ghz oc on the gtx 460 with the gf 104
Than picked up both of these a few months down the road. Now i have a 5870 with no home XD
But thats besides the point, iam nervous about even running these cards in sli @ stock clocks.
They just hit 99c on fur mark with 100 % fan......

Thats gtx 480 temps in sli.....

and they ARE NOT defective, i can run both cards in a single setup and they still get about 85C....... either or , take your pick. Case opened or closed... pick again...

I just have a huge problem with my hardware running like this when i know its not my fault. I mean they are $250 bucks a pop.... for a small little board and a few dollars in material value, and they cant even build it a little better?...

·
15,777 Posts
CoolerMaster DUST

·
Banned
1,123 Posts
That's probably the most dust I've seen in a PC and it hurts to see it...It's like PC abuse bro...take care of your PC.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I hope my ranting and information will provide useful for another guy in the market for a new graphics card.

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Palit is always a cheap brand imo, they try to save money by using smaller PCB and stuff like that. So it's no surprise they use a smaller than stock heatsink.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by finalturismo View Post
Well I hope my ranting and information will provide useful for another guy in the market for a new graphics card.
Somehow I doubt it...your attitude and awful case management most likely get you written off by anyone that would otherwise take your points seriously. I honestly wouldn't have any fear buying these cards based on your multiple threads about them.

·
15,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Villosa View Post
That's probably the most dust I've seen in a PC and it hurts to see it...It's like PC abuse bro...take care of your PC.
Then you haven't tainted your eyes yet.

Dust up to the third PCI port isn't a nice thing to see.
IBM Aptiva, never opened, never cleaned, the friend that had it had loads of dogs that fell hair like snow in a snowstorm.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.