Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Palit? HAHAHA om....g. hah!

Ok let me get started with how crappy the PALIT GTX 460 2GB IS.
The 2gb gddr5 attracted me to high rez gaming.
The gf104 also seems to scale like a monster, needs less power, and is "SUPPOSED" to run cooler.

Well if you pick up 2 of these for sli, iam going to tell you right now. YOU are going to have heating problems. Because palit wanted to keep manufacturing cost on the low, and kept the stock crappy black heat sink they had before.

1 card in single runs @ 84c @ LOAD
2 Cards in Sli runs @ 94c @ LOAD

Are you kidding me?
i cant even go to 800mhz on the core for more than 10 min in starcraft 2.
Why is this missing the sonic platinum heat sink , but yet it has 2gb of ram and cost $23 more??!? and no vrm heat sinks?

Joke... iam never EVER EVER EVER buying from palit again, that was a first and a last. No quality what - so - ever.....

Although i will be keeping these 2 cards iam just going to have to run them @ stock clock speeds till i get my water blocks.

Just do your self a favor and DO NOT buy from palit EVER.

QUALITY IS OVER BUILDING YOUR PRODUCT.
THAT MEANS PUTTING A BIGGER HEAT SINK ON YOUR DAM GRAPHICS CARD.

I realize the price of copper went up but dam...

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Even 2GB isn't that great for high-res gaming. You would've been better off with a pair of GTX 470s mate. Brute force over frame buffer. As for your temps, how good is your airflow? You should ideally have a fan blowing from the side onto these cards, and since they don't really exhaust the heat it does get pretty hot in sli.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Has nothing to do with case temp, if any thing my case temp is WAYYYYY below normal. I removed the stock fans, and put 8 90 cfm cool master led fans in. with the stock fan in front. Whole system is cooled on water. Go review the palit gtx 460 stock they are some of the hottest running gtx 460s.

This is palits fault

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by finalturismo View Post
Go review the palit gtx 460 stock they are some of the hottest running gtx 460s.

This is palits fault
This is why you check reviews BEFORE you buy something.

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Your 932 isn't exactly "great" at airflow. How many fans are you running?
Since when it isn't?

Unless you're having 35C ambient i guess something is wrong with cards

Tried replacing tim? Maybe it's not there...
Or maybe fan isn't running as supposed to?

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
Even 2GB isn't that great for high-res gaming. You would've been better off with a pair of GTX 470s mate. Brute force over frame buffer.
Na i have bigger plans for my gf104's
going for 1ghz overclock.

They scale better than the gf100
and have more overclocking head room with proper cooling.

Brute force is much better than 2gb of wasted memory....

UNLESS you happend to have been looking at sli benchmarks of the 2gb @ oc @ 2.5k rez

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Quote:

Has nothing to do with case temp, if any thing my case temp is WAYYYYY below normal. I removed the stock fans, and put 8 90 cfm cool master led fans in. with the stock fan in front. Whole system is cooled on water. Go review the palit gtx 460 stock they are some of the hottest running gtx 460s.

This is palits fault
Actully even the Palit cards don't run that hot, yours must be placed togather very closely. Oh and 1GB of extra memory does raise power consumption = extra heat. Twice as much in SLI, well you're having around 360W of heat dumped into your case so..

@Above post GTX 470 SLI would still crush it.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Quote:

Na i have bigger plans for my gf104's
going for 1ghz overclock.

They scale better than the gf100
and have more overclocking head room with proper cooling.

Brute force is much better than 2gb of wasted memory....

UNLESS you happend to have been looking at sli benchmarks of the 2gb @ oc @ 2.5k rez
Need water for 1Ghz

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That was already stated in the first post.

And why are you insisting my case temps?
Do you know what the Palit HS even looks like?
its the smallest of all the gtx 460s
a VERY VERY small black hs with no heat pipes.
Than they add a little punk ass fan to it..

Yes they are close together in sli, but manufactures have a obligation to think about certain situations before finalizing their product... Allowing this to happen results in more crappy products.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Wow, in games on my 2x MSI GTX460 1GB Cyclones, I get at most 59*c on the hottest of the two cards. and thats with only 2x 90mm R4 Coolermaster intakes in my case. I'm glad I didn't hold out for those 2GB Palits. Seems like a bad product.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Quote:

This is palits fault
Just so you know, those CM R4's are not 90cfm. They've been shown to be falsely advertised as such when they in fact don't reach anywhere near that.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Quote:

That was already stated in the first post.

And why are you insisting my case temps?
Do you know what the Palit HS even looks like?
its the smallest of all the gtx 460s
a VERY VERY small black hs with no heat pipes.
Than they add a little punk ass fan to it..

Yes they are close together in sli, but manufactures have a obligation to think about certain situations before finalizing their product... Allowing this to happen results in more crappy products.
I've seen other manufacturers use a similar desgin without heatpipes, works out fine.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corrupted View Post
Just so you know, those CM R4's are not 90cfm. They've been shown to be falsely advertised as such when they in fact don't reach anywhere near that.
Indeed, those fans are overrated and falsely advertised, CM fans suck in general, especially LED fans.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Godfather View Post
Anyone who buys a pair of Palit's over the DirectCU's is just asking for trouble anyway.
Calm down, stop bigging up the ASUS cards

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ya well i learned the hard way....
As soon as i get my water blocks i will be happy to take off the stock hs and palit logo and bash them with a hammer as hard as possible with all my blood lusting hatred

Other than that, cards run fine at stock speeds, just dont even bother touching anything.

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Quote:

manufactures have a obligation to think about certain situations before finalizing their product... Allowing this to happen results in more crappy products.
Just as a consumer should due research before making a purchase on a sub par card. It is not the manufacturers fault, manufacturers have the liberty to produce whatever they want, just as consumers have the liberty to purchase whatever they want within their budget. It falls upon the consumer to make an educated decision / purchase.

Learn from your mistake and move on, it's part of life.

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
Quote:

ya well i learned the hard way....
As soon as i get my water blocks i will be happy to take off the stock hs and palit logo and bash them with a hammer as hard as possible with all my blood lusting hatred

Other than that, cards run fine at stock speeds, just dont even bother touching the anything.
If your going to do that, you could send one to me instead.

I could probably use it.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
I've seen other manufacturers use a similar desgin without heatpipes, works out fine.

Indeed, those fans are overrated and falsely advertised, CM fans suck in general, especially LED fans.

Calm down, stop bigging up the ASUS cards

Thats wasn't really my point but ok

and no you haven't seen similar designs

I bid you to please go weigh any similar HS design and give me the weight figures and dimensions on it.

Than when you see the palit hs weights only .000001 ounce you will understand what iam talking about.

My case temps are better than 99% of people on these forums guaranteed.

Any one need pictures now? I wana do some palit bustin so dont try to stop me.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.