Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Seasonic Platinum 1000W and those cables are fairly stiff. They make squeeking sounds if I bend them enough. And I need to bend them quite alot due to the design of my computer case. The case is fairly large aswell so some cables have tension on them to be able to reach. Do I need to worry or are the cables tough?

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
OK thanks for the info. Yeah the reason why I got paranoid was that my PCI-E power cables had to be bent almost straight down from the graphics cards and it didn't feel good to do so. And I also had to put a fair amount of tension on the CPU power cables for them to be able to reach to the top of the MB. But no problems detected so I guess It's fine.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarv0 View Post

OK thanks for the info. Yeah the reason why I got paranoid was that my PCI-E power cables had to be bent almost straight down from the graphics cards and it didn't feel good to do so. And I also had to put a fair amount of tension on the CPU power cables for them to be able to reach to the top of the MB. But no problems detected so I guess It's fine.
Is it putting stress on the CPU power connector? cause that is could be a bad thing

·
Banned
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurfsHarem View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarv0 View Post

Is it putting stress on the CPU power connector? cause that is could be a bad thing
No, I routed the cable behind the MB tray, the cable rest on the edge of the cutout in the mb tray (not sharp) above the CPU connector. So all the stress is on the cable.

The connectors on the graphics cards might have some stress on them. But those seems to have heavy duty soldering.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
as long as your connections from the power source (psu) and component are fairly solid you can bend the cables as much as you want dude, only reason they are stiff is because they've most likely never been moved around before, plus they are all bunched together and compact. Dont worry
smile.gif

1 - 8 of 8 Posts