Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have an Nvidia edition CM690 sitting taken apart in my garage and my room, and it was originally going to be a project case to work on but due to a lack of money and especially time I can't continue it. So I was wondering if I were to part out the case (possibly even derivet it) what should I expect to get for the parts.

What I haven't modded: All the paneling (front, top, left window door panel).

What I have modded: Body of the case has been plasti-dipped as well as the right side panel. However I have stripped some of the plasti dip off of the body of the case because I didn't like how it turned out. I've also implemented some cable management holes on the body with my dremel, pretty clean cuts which I had covered with electrical tape because they were really sharp after filing them. I've also cut off the honey comb mesh for the fans on the top of the case, as well as the plastic honey comb bars on the front and top panels.

So with all this information I was wondering what I could sell this for if I parted it out, or if someone is interested I could put it back together and sell it like that without stripping the rest of the plasti dip off, so the case pretty much goes AS IS.

Like I said it pains me to do this because I love my CM690 but its just taking up space in my garage/room since I can't finish. So I'm hoping to find it a home where it will get modded and look awesome.

Thanks for any input, it is much appreciated. I'd also be willing to throw in some fans I have sitting around, and again IF interested even two cans of Plasti Dip that have been untouched since I bought them.

Additionally please post appraisals WITHOUT shipping cost.

Here are some pictures, I know the case is dirty, everything has been sitting around since last September.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'll post them up within the next 30 minutes.

EDIT: Pics are up.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bump.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
I would ask for at least $65 and maybe go down from there... only because you can buy a refurbed NV-690 from the cmstore for the same price without the mods. The thing is, folks are going to likely do what you've already done to it (paint, cut the grills, etc) so they're buying a pre-modded and good looking case to mod themselves.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I was thinking that, I mean I've done most of the basic mods to it already, whoever buys it just has to strip the rest of the Plasti Dip off of it and its as good as new of course a little better because of the cable management holes and such.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cs_maan View Post
Yeah I was thinking that, I mean I've done most of the basic mods to it already, whoever buys it just has to strip the rest of the Plasti Dip off of it and its as good as new of course a little better because of the cable management holes and such.
Absolutely so, but they'd be silly to get RID of plasti-dip. I recall this case coming to life a while back.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
Absolutely so, but they'd be silly to get RID of plasti-dip. I recall this case coming to life a while back.
Well I've already stripped the mobo tray of its plasti dip and didn't finish stripping the rest. The only reason I decided to peel off the "dip" was because I think I added too much and everything became all fuzzy looking instead of flat.

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cs_maan View Post
Well I've already stripped the mobo tray of its plasti dip and didn't finish stripping the rest. The only reason I decided to peel off the "dip" was because I think I added too much and everything became all fuzzy looking instead of flat.
ahh, gotcha. Fair enough then.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by trogalicious View Post
ahh, gotcha. Fair enough then.
Yeah, either way its not hard at all to do, just takes time. But I'll keep this thread up another day or so and just sell the case as a whole. Thanks again for the appraisal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts