Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having had my gaming mouse problem solved I am now able to announce the next annoying problem.

Vista Partitioning Problems

As per the following picture;

Well as shown by the picture I am unable to extend D Drive with the 390Gb unallocated space. I am able to extend C Drive but that isn't what I want to do.

I would prefer it if I didn't have to download a 3rd party program as I don't want to screw up such a vital part of my computer but all else fails, yeah.

So the question is;

How do I extend D Drive with the unallocated space?

I will rep EVERYONE who participates when the problem is solved.

The link to my other unsolved problems;
Vista Update not Updating!!!
Why doesn't my computer fully shut-down?

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
Sorry, you'll need a third party tool.

If you aren't wanting to pay for a third party tool, try GParted, which is included on the Recovery Is Possible Live CD. (And it has lots of other interesting tools you'll probably want to have around eventually.)

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by error10 View Post
Sorry, you'll need a third party tool.

If you aren't wanting to pay for a third party tool, try GParted, which is included on the Recovery Is Possible Live CD. (And it has lots of other interesting tools you'll probably want to have around eventually.)

Really?

The other day there was a news thread listing a program like this and people instantly slammed it, saying the Vista one was fine.

·
Premium Member
13,477 Posts
The Vista disk mangler is fine, right up until it doesn't do what you want.

That's why other tools exist!

·
15,777 Posts
extend? I always tried to do partitions without extend.
rant: when windows makes a C:\\ into D:\\ and all the stuff on D:\\ from the old version of the OS changes to C:\\ mean you have to install on a D:\\.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
Can't you just have two separate partitions and live with it? I have for a while now. (Couldn't be bothered extending)

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Ya, personally I just have a few partitions. Easier to manage, and call me crazy, but I find the PC runs smoother when you have more free space and less clutter on the partition that your OS is installed on. Now I normally partition is so that I have only OS on one partition and transfer everything else somewhere else.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Brutuz View Post
Can't you just have two separate partitions and live with it? I have for a while now. (Couldn't be bothered extending)
I have two partitions already mate, just a third really doesn't... sound appealing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts