Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Old Fart
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A while back I partitioned my drive to store music, saved games and basic backup files.

I realize now I didnt do it quite right and have some unallowcated space.

I have been in the process of burning my music collection into FLAC and EAC told me I was out of hard disk space. I have gotten around this by putting it all on the D: drive and point Foobar the right direction.
heres a pic to help you understand what I need.
[/IMG]

As you see between C: and D: is free space. tried to use magic Parted to reclaim the free space into the C: drive but it says that 80Gb is the largest I can make it. The D: drive is also as large as Parted magic will let me make it. I could just make a third partition, but I dont want to.

How do I merge it into the C: drive? Or can I?

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
I'm not sure how to do it in XP, but in Seven if you right click it you can extend a volume.

Check to see if you have that option!

Mine's greyed out because I don't have anywhere to extend the partition to, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
310 Posts
This is how I would do it.

In windows disk management delete the "free space" partition then you "should" be able to use Extend Partition. Right click on the partition, the select extend. It might come up with a disk management box stating it will convert to a dynamic disk are you sure you want to continue.

If you extend the C: partition and it converts it to dynamic, you not be able to boot from the C: drive anymore

But please, feel free to wait for more advance users.

I only used this function once and it worked (not on a boot drive and I did have a back-up of everything just in case)

·
Old Fart
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, must not work in XP. Theres no Extend partition in the drop down list

Thanks for the qiuck replys though.

·
Old Fart
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you Ch33z. That was easy peezy lemon squezzy. Got all my space back with the slide of the mouse and a click.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts