Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When setting up raid 0 on a abit nf7sv2(or any other board) can I partition primary raid array and make a boot drive on it without any issues with windows XP ?

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Renfeld

When setting up raid 0 on a abit nf7sv2(or any other board) can I partition primary raid array and make a boot drive on it without any issues with windows XP ?

Even though it is routed through RAID you should be able to do the same operations as with an IDE drive.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Even though it is routed through RAID you should be able to do the same operations as with an IDE drive.

You are correct sir. You can do whatever you want with it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yes Lando95 mfillpot is right you can do anything you want with SATA drives set in a raid array. You can partition the drives into multiple partitions and have your OS on one partition and the others for storage or what ever. You can all so use the SATA drives separately as a single drives.

You just have to set them up right that depending on your mobo it can be easy or a little tricky but if you need more help since I don’t know your level of computer knowledge. I have been setting arrays up for a long time and I can get as much speed out of them as possible like OCing hard drives lol. If it can’t run fast then it shouldn’t run at all lol. Just a little Ocing humor

Regards
Brent

Hope this helps and remember if you need more help setting your drives up just ask.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts