Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AFAIK, there were 50 updates for Payday 2 before the recent GOTY edition was released. The original game received an average review score of about 78/100 based on GameRankings for PC. Is it any better after 50 patches and DLC's? I am thinking of buying it, but only if most complaints about the game were addressed/fixed/patched/improved.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
PD2 is great now. I've been playing since about Feb/March, and every update has only made the game better. There were some pretty major changes in the last half-year (better AI pathing, better detection, better skills) as well as a ton of new heists. However, the game is only great if you can get a group together. While public games exist, they just aren't nearly as fun.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Gameplay wise, payday 2 is mostly the same. If anything, alot of the first person shooter elements were missing with the official launch of Payday 2, which was : Grenades, Sniper rifles, Light machine guns, and duel pistols.

But, did the game need it? No, because it broke the immersion more than anything, no one robs a bank with a sniper rifle in their hands, and definately not with a light machine gun either. So for me, the game is half ruined, the game itself is still fun, but I can no longer get immersed in it as I used to be. If there was a feature to exclude specific weapons that the host can specify, then yes, it would be better immersion imo.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saq View Post

Gameplay wise, payday 2 is mostly the same. If anything, alot of the first person shooter elements were missing with the official launch of Payday 2, which was : Grenades, Sniper rifles, Light machine guns, and duel pistols.

But, did the game need it? No, because it broke the immersion more than anything, no one robs a bank with a sniper rifle in their hands, and definately not with a light machine gun either. So for me, the game is half ruined, the game itself is still fun, but I can no longer get immersed in it as I used to be. If there was a feature to exclude specific weapons that the host can specify, then yes, it would be better immersion imo.
Speak for yourself, buddy
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
. Thanks for the info though!

·
PC Gaming 1337 Enforcer
14,431 Posts
It was great before and it's even better now. They have fixed a lot of issues, added a new class, added lots of new equipment (not just weapon types), and best of all they've added the best heists in the game like Big Bank and Shadow Raid. I haven't played Diamond heist yet.

This game is best played with friends, private co-op only, on harder difficulty. It is one of the most strategic co-op games this way, you really need teamwork and a good plan to succeed and it is extremely rewarding. This is one of very few multiplayer games I can speak highly of.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts