Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I had a few questions about this case for anyone who has it. First off is the case quiet? (It doesnt need to be silent, just something I can sleep in the same room as. I plan to replace all the stock fans with Panaflo fans rated at 35 dB or less. Maybe replace the blower with a side fan or two. I can also add sound absorption mat, tho I dont think it makes much of a diffrence.)

And I have a more general question on how to take out the rivets so I can paint the inside of the case. And what to do to paint Aluminum.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Ya, it'll be quiet. Mine uses the stock fans which are a bit loud but it's a very low pitch so it's quite tolerable. I haven't had any rattling of any sort in the removable HDD bay or anywhere else such as the removable mobo tray. As for sound absorbtion, 1mm of aluminum can only do so much.

EDIT: no clue about the paint man

• Rep+
Reactions: Danavas

·
Registered
376 Posts
Large amounts of absorption mats will actually be noticeable. If you place them on the side panels and on the ceiling and floor of the case, it'll make a considerable difference. You could also try padding your hard drives with it (only on the top, not where the PCB is exposed) and using rubber grommets and screws for the fans.

• Rep+
Reactions: Danavas
1 - 4 of 4 Posts