Helping friend with it any problems?

And
ASUS NX1101 Gigabit Network Adapter PCI $15.00
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 7 Ultimate OEM $189

Any improvements anyone can think of?

·
Premium Member
5,267 Posts
Does he really need Windows 7 ulti? why not just get home premium or pro? is it possible to get the OEM version of Windows, it will be much cheaper than the retail.

Also, a 750W PSU will power his system and be able to overclock it. If you want, you can go to 850W, but its not really needed. didnt see the sli, nevermind

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He's persistent on ultimate and I'm not a fan of OEM because don't you need to buy a new copy each time you wish to format, Or if you change your CPU/Motherboard?

·
Meow!
8,487 Posts
$160 for a MOUSE?!? A $30-80 lazer gaming mouse it enough (G5. G500, Cyborg...) that's just marketing bull...

Why Windows 7 Ult... it won't make gaming better. It's the same DX11....

Get a Mechanical keyboard $60-$90... .. but you can get Fan controller with LCD on it to monitor instead over your expensive keyboard...

$5k computer,

·
Enjoy Life!
869 Posts
I suggest a better case like a coolmaster haf x,942 or one like the 800d> a Mechanical keyboard would be a lot better than that overpriced logitech with a color lcd which may not be used much if at all.
Edit: a Creative titanium Hd would be a better sound card also or a asus xonar
I also suggest a better gaming headset since usb ones are all but crap and that one bypasses the soundcard.

·
Enjoy Life!
869 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Invert_Panda
View Post

He's persistent on ultimate and I'm not a fan of OEM because don't you need to buy a new copy each time you wish to format, Or if you change your CPU/Motherboard?

You can use oem on multiple machines i have done it many times with no problems.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts