Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, first time poster

I built my first PC a month or so ago (I think it was about 10th May). For the first few days, it was working fine. Then on the 15th May, it froze for the first time while playing Football Manager 2011, i thought nothing of it. At this time I was playing The Witcher2 on Ultra Settings without a bother. Then, it then started freezing every time I played Football Manager. It's now happening on PES6 too

Basically what happens is, I'll be playing FM2011, PES6 etc, the game will seem fine and then suddenly everything crashes. A weird looping sound is all that remains

At first, I thought it was a HDD problem as I was getting a clicking noise from my HDD. I got it replaced 2 weeks ago and the problem has persisted

So far I've:
  • I've done scans for Malware, Spyware and Viruses.
  • I've checked the temperatures and performance of my system until it crashed (the highest temperature i've seen is 50degC and it didn't even crash on that)
    Here's what i got using AMD System Monitor

• I've run 3dMark on it, which said that performance was low when compared with other similar systems
  • I've done a clean boot, still happened
  • I reinstallled my graphics drivers
  • I disabled my Motherboards onboard audio
  • Checked for possible conflicts in device manager
System Specs
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition
Motherboard - Asus M4A87TD EVO
Memory Patriot 2GB DDR3 (x2)
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD6950 2GB
Hard Drive - Hitachi 1.5TB
Power Supply - Corsair Professional Series HX850W
Case - Antec DF-35

Any idea's?

Oh, and deepest apologies if this is in the wrong section

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Haven't overclocked. Don't even know how to tbh

Any reason, besides overclocking, why it'd be unstable?

·
Banned
1,452 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by danny275
View Post

Haven't overclocked. Don't even know how to tbh

Any reason, besides overclocking, why it'd be unstable?

hmm well it could be throttling,if its getting too hot it will start to lower the cpu speed to stay cool,monitor the temperatures and report back.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehStranger?;14153631
EDIT: here http://www.extremeoverclocking.com/reviews/processors/AMD_Phenom_II_X6_1100T_1.html 4ghz should be enough to give that monster card headroom
Thanks
smile.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeoc;14153818
Loosen your ram timings. Seems like it could be a ram issue. Also, try upping the ram volts.
Just looked at my RAM timings

memorype.jpg

The RAM I have are these

They're rated at 1600MHz with timings of 8-9-8-24

So what can I loosen them too? Sorry, new to all this

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Try 9-9-9-24 and 2T. The memory is already running underclocked but the 1T might be causing issues. Try it and check if it still freezes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xeoc;14160139
Try 9-9-9-24 and 2T. The memory is already running underclocked but the 1T might be causing issues. Try it and check if it still freezes.
This seems to have worked. Managed to play both FM and PES6 for quite a good period of time since

Thanks for your help

1 - 10 of 10 Posts