Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today, my comp started freezing on the startup. I didn't really know what was wrong, so I reset my bios to its regular settings, and no go. I decided to look it up, so I got my laptop and unplugged my ethernet cable from my normal desktop. And voila, my desktop works perfectly fine. Okay, so I tried a system restore, to yesterday when it was working perfectly fine and tried plugging in my ethernet after I started my desktop and no go. I really don't know where the problem is, anyone have any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After I plug in my ethernet, it tried to connect and after connecting, my whole pc just freezes over

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No go...ugh i really don't get what's wrong...it was working fine yesterday and i didn't change anything at all

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Have you tried a literal pci network card instead of the integrated ethernet? And disabling onboard ethernet in bios?

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Agh, I have to go out and buy one...bah why does this have to happen...it was okay for 5 months...

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
Old pc I had, worked for 3.2 years, a transistor or something melted, pop'd and boom'd on the mobo, no post. I had a 5 yr warrenty, they replaced mobo, and it hummed nicely,

Simple 10/100 ethernet adapter cards can be 10-80$, usually cheap and easy to find at any electronics. Keep receipt, and just return it saying "not working" if it doesn't solve the problem mate.

- Le_Loup

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You know what, I think I found the problem and it's a load of bull...
Yesterday, McAfee (yeah, i know I know...) had a pretty large update, changing the looks and everything. I didn't bother restarting yesterday since I had massive amounts of work. My mom turned on the computer today, and wham, computer goes byebye. I uninstalled McAfee and my desktop is working like a charm.

McAfee.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts