Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

After installed 2 WD Caviar black 750drives (the 6gps ones) in raid 0 and an hdd dock on my computer the pc now randomly freezes and all usb devices goes black. So im wondering if the psu can cause this if overloaded?

Basicly i have this connected:

5 hdd's inside the case.
1 hdd dock (tho this is powered with wall socket)
1 usb driven drive

Then you can basicly see my other system down in my signatur.

The cpu is an i7 2600k with an 4.8ghz overclock.
The gpu is an hd 5850 with an 820mhz overclock.

The psu is an enermax 620w modular

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
I'd check your RAID array for integrity first.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phaedrus2129;13118844
I'd check your RAID array for integrity first.
What you mean by that?
smile.gif

Im new to raid so..

Also the OS is not in raid, its on a diffrent set of controllers aswell.

·
Registered
698 Posts
It could be your power supply. Try backing off the OC on the CPU. According to Neweggs power calculator your pulling 670 @ stock. Now it may not be the most accurate calculator but that is a fairly big oc and not the largest PSU.

If you have another video card that draws less try that, the 5850 adds 170 watts over an integrated GPU.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess it could be the psu, however never had that problem before with only 1 less hdd and bigger oc on cpu.

I see that alot of other ppl have the problem aswell after setting up a raid 0, even when the raid is not the OS drive. Think i will try to reinstall all drivers first and see. And if that not work try to remove some of the hdd's and see if it helps. And if that not working i guess the vertex 3 is soon in stock in norway so reinstall system to that.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fooliobass
View Post

It could be your power supply. Try backing off the OC on the CPU. According to Neweggs power calculator your pulling 670 @ stock. Now it may not be the most accurate calculator but that is a fairly big oc and not the largest PSU.

If you have another video card that draws less try that, the 5850 adds 170 watts over an integrated GPU.

Newegg once told me my system needed 870W. Needless to say, that's physically impossible for this hardware. Try 450-550W.

Newegg's calculator is the worst PSU calculator available.

·
Registered
698 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
1 - 8 of 8 Posts