Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Wasteland Plunderer
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The date's been set for the final court-supervised auction of THQ's remaining properties. Those titles not bought in January's fire sale have been divided into lots, with initial bids due in April 1st. Final bids are required by April 15th, then, pending court approval, THQ expects to sell the remaining vestige of its existence by mid-May. *Sniff*

While the tastiest morsels have already been picked away, there's still some meat clinging to the THQ bone. Darksiders, Homeworld and Red Faction are all looking for a new home. In an ideal world, the Homeworld license will be picked up by someone who'll actually use it, and Red Faction will end up somewhere that recognises the brilliance of Guerrilla over the mediocrity of Armageddon.
http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/27/thqs-remaining-properties-to-be-auctioned-in-april-homeworld-and-darksiders-up-for-grabs/

Idk about you guys... But i really hope someone picks up Homeworld and makes a fantastic game!!

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaluksys View Post

It isn't worth it
tongue.gif

But if you win the auction, then please remove all the Lara Croft boring parts of it. I did not buy a game with a badass looking hell trooper with a gigantic sword to jump and climb platforms and solve boring puzzles.
That is actually one of the fun parts of the game, it feels like you are playing a prince of persia game, which ubisoft does not care to make anymore. Not every game has to be I SMASH I SMASH.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sausageson View Post

That is actually one of the fun parts of the game, it feels like you are playing a prince of persia game, which ubisoft does not care to make anymore. Not every game has to be I SMASH I SMASH.
I actually like puzzles and stuff, but there are too many, and the puzzles in this game are not smart or hard to solve, they just take a lot of time and end up being boring. I hate when I have to solve a puzzle on room C to take a key on room B, then go back to room A (where I've been a thousand times before).
Or the kind of puzzle on which I have to figure the combination of something, then I have to climb 1 kilometer up to use a lever, then go down on the water to use another one and then go back up... Just solving the puzzle is enough, walking from point A to point B a thousand times is just a waste of time... and boring.

What I'm trying to say is: It's too repetitive. You don't have to be smart, you have to be patient.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Quote:

I actually like puzzles and stuff, but there are too many, and the puzzles in this game are not smart or hard to solve, they just take a lot of time and end up being boring. I hate when I have to solve a puzzle on room C to take a key on room B, then go back to room A (where I've been a thousand times before).
Or the kind of puzzle on which I have to figure the combination of something, then I have to climb 1 kilometer up to use a lever, then go down on the water to use another one and then go back up... Just solving the puzzle is enough, walking from point A to point B a thousand times is just a waste of time... and boring.

What I'm trying to say is: It's too repetitive. You don't have to be smart, you have to be patient.
I too found some of the puzzles repetitive, but not overly so. They are the mini "challenges" for getting items, or progressing a dungeon, some repetitiveness is necessary as all "dungeon" like games have this element- even the most loved Zelda. To even be slightly off put by this is kind of strange (from my end) as the game wasn't designed around the puzzles, but are aspect of it, unlike say... Portal where the puzzles ARE what the game was designed around.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
Quote:

There were more of these type of puzzles in Darksiders 1, Darksiders 2 its more actual puzzles with platforming.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I wish they would bring Homeworld back to life, I never get board of that game, great soundtrack throughout the series, good story line and it's great in multiplayer also!

·
Wasteland Plunderer
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomfix View Post

I wish they would bring Homeworld back to life, I never get board of that game, great soundtrack throughout the series, good story line and it's great in multiplayer also!
Agreed. I just finished it again about a month ago

Tappin' from my Galaxy S3

1 - 9 of 9 Posts