Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
The poll asked players to select their three preferred locations for a possible Far Cry follow up. Here's the full list of potential places:

• A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
  • A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
  • A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s
  • A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru
  • A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
  • A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas
  • A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
  • Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt
  • A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
  • A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
  • A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry

source

·
PC Gamer
3,185 Posts
i liked FC1 and 3 cause of the tropical scheme, would prefer
A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru

certainly nothing postacolyptic as far cry is something far away but from where people can get away from, ou well you know
smile.gif

FC4 sounds fun but i didnt played it, since i love waterscooters and boats. are there boats and lakes in FC4?

cant see the poll at all, can someone please link it?

thank you

·
Registered
5,140 Posts
A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet
A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires
A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak
A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world
A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs
A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry

All of these sound cool. Though Zombie Outbreak might not work as well i think. I think a mix of another planet with serve weather changes and huge monsters could be sick!

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by revro View Post

i liked FC1 and 3 cause of the tropical scheme, would prefer

certainly nothing postacolyptic as far cry is something far away but from where people can get away from, ou well you know
smile.gif

FC4 sounds fun but i didnt played it, since i love waterscooters and boats. are there boats and lakes in FC4?

cant see the poll at all, can someone please link it?

thank you
http://www.pcgamer.com/ubisoft-poll-hints-at-future-far-cry-settings/

A prehistoric jungle with dinos sounds insane.

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Pretty cool!

Here's my take.

A Far Cry game in remote Alaska about surviving extreme wilderness - Sounds interesting!
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet - Sounds interesting!
A Far Cry game set in the Vietnam war during the 1960s - I'd like to take a brake from the jungle setting.
A Far Cry game set in the cocaine trafficking jungles of Peru - I'd like to take a brake from the jungle setting.
A Far Cry game where you can fight against or join vampires - I don't know how I feel about that. Leaning towards disinterest.
A Far Cry game in the Spaghetti Western style set in the late 19th century Americas - Sounds interesting!
A Far Cry game that is set during a zombie outbreak - No more zombies please.
Blood Dragon 2: A sequel to Blood Dragon with more Rex Power Colt - I'd like that in addition to the main game, just like it was with FC3
A Far Cry game set in a Mad Max style post-apocalyptic world - We have fallout for that!
A Far Cry game in the present day on a Jurassic Park style island of dinosaurs - I'd like to take a brake from the jungle setting.
A Far Cry game based on the world of Shangri-La from Far Cry - We've already been there, something new please.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts

I like this idea the best. Sounds like a game that could get crazier than FC3 with a villain more hated than Vaas.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Quote:
A Far Cry game in a futuristic, sci-fi setting on another planet.
Yes please!

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Vampires, didn't even read the rest of them. I happened to see Vampires first thing, and that is what I am going with.

Do it Ubi, and not those sparkly little pansies. You can redeem yourself through Vampires.

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_ View Post

Give us the Jurassic Park game we deserve! I've been waiting for the past 21 years!
HELL YEA!!!!

Dear god, you bring back some horrible horrible horrible horrible memories. I literally broke a controller and TV over Jurassic Park on the Genesis.

Man, right in the feels on that one.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostalTwinkie View Post

Vampires, didn't even read the rest of them. I happened to see Vampires first thing, and that is what I am going with.

Do it Ubi, and not those sparkly little pansies. You can redeem yourself through Vampires.
basically blade, the FPS?
or do you want to go full traditional where they are terrifying monsters that cower from crosses?

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00sl0w View Post

basically blade, the FPS?
or do you want to go full traditional where they are terrifying monsters that cower from crosses?
Full traditional, bad ass, Vampire Hunter D and Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlines levels of bad ass. None of this "sparkly" crap, or "I have special eyes" (Maybe that was a Visine commercial), vampire crap. The real deal old school, kill everything just because it can, Vampire.

I either want to be D, hunting the Vampire, or some bad ass Belmont hunting the Vampire.....

Damn it, I want another grand power fantasy like Castlevania Symphony of The Night.

·
waifu for lifu
11,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
If we huntiin' dinos, the crappy bow & arrows aint going to cut it.
rolleyes.gif
Maybe some sort of throwing spear.

And we need this guy as well.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts