Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys..
I was thinking a little about PC Gaming the other day and I thought to myself how console gaming soon will take over. When I was looking at the previews of PS3 and Nintendo Wii I realized how much more fun it will be to game on consoles with these new technologies (turning the controls in car games, etc).
One thing one might comment on is that the graphics will not be as good as you wont be able to upgrade but perhaps this will just save money.
For my part I´ll be keeping my computer as a Video Editing, surfing, MP3 playing machine and wont be focusing so much on the graphics.
For those of you who think I´m way off please comment
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
Lol...im addicted to WoW...so...no console for me. BTW< the Wii SUCKS at anti-aliasing, I played it today...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
491 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
All depends what your into I play all the time BF2, Oblivian, COD2.
I am not into games that focus on killing.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by noxious89123 View Post
Go plant a tree then.


PC gaming will be around just as long as console gaming. First person shooters are ALWAYS better with a keyboard and mouse, and RPGs and such usually are as well.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Football games and Car Games are also ALWAYS better on Console. But how hard can it be to put a keyboard and a mouse or something better on a Console ??
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Fil View Post
Football games and Car Games are also ALWAYS better on Console. But how hard can it be to put a keyboard and a mouse or something better on a Console ??
I'm not to sure about the car games...

Plus, PC games look better on high-end systems, and can use newly developed hardware advances more quickly because PCs are fully upgradable, and consoles are only somewhat (bigger HDD, HD-DVD drive for the 360, etc.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah but PCs are also a lot more expensive if your´re gonna be upgrading all the time to have the best graphics...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
You pay for the best. Yes, it's more expenseive, but there are plenty of people that are more then willing to pay for that.

Bottom line is, consoles have some advantages in gaming, and that's why they sell. But, PCs also have some vital advantages that mean they're not going anywhere.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,572 Posts
PC gaming will bever become redundent nor will Console gaming they go hand in hand with each other you cant have one without the other.

We started off with PC gaming then consoles were developed because companys saw a way of bringing gaming to the bedroom or the lounge with out costing your right arm.

New technology has brought console gaming into an area more like PC than straight forward games machine and without PCs and PC gaming you would not see these advances.

With high speed internet we have seen advaqnces in consoles but only because of PCs.

So to say PC gaming is/will die out is madness...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
I never use consoles to play games.I myself prefer playing games on te computer.I got alot of money in it to play games so I might as well enjoy it.
Consoles don't update fast enough to keep up with the latest technology.PC's on the other hand do.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,931 Posts
I have my pc, which is now aged quite a bit, even though its a year old, I also have a 360, a modded xbox and a ps2, I do not have any plans for either the ps3 or the wii at the moment.

My only gripe about PC gaming is the cost, but meh, its only money, and I never build top of the line systems because I cant afford them.

I do agree with statemebts such as FPS's and RPG's are always better on the PC, so is online gaming IMO. I love the keyboard and mouse combo for those style games.

3rd person, racing, and sports should be on the consoles, which is why they have them.

I do not think PC's will die out, although I would like to see this lull in games move past. I work at a Gamestop... and the list of upcomming titles for PC does not thrill me at all. Anyone remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R???

I gotta say though... it HURTS COD3 launched yesterday on the XB360... but I dont even think its in our system for reservation yet on the PC. SO Sad... Gears of War looks amazing though, so does Splinter Cell, and I might give fear a try on the 360...
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,811 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by identitycrisis View Post
I have my pc, which is now aged quite a bit, even though its a year old, I also have a 360, a modded xbox and a ps2, I do not have any plans for either the ps3 or the wii at the moment.

My only gripe about PC gaming is the cost, but meh, its only money, and I never build top of the line systems because I cant afford them.

I do agree with statemebts such as FPS's and RPG's are always better on the PC, so is online gaming IMO. I love the keyboard and mouse combo for those style games.

3rd person, racing, and sports should be on the consoles, which is why they have them.

I do not think PC's will die out, although I would like to see this lull in games move past. I work at a Gamestop... and the list of upcomming titles for PC does not thrill me at all. Anyone remember S.T.A.L.K.E.R???

I gotta say though... it HURTS COD3 launched yesterday on the XB360... but I dont even think its in our system for reservation yet on the PC. SO Sad... Gears of War looks amazing though, so does Splinter Cell, and I might give fear a try on the 360...
One word.

Crysis.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,996 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr_Fil View Post
Football games and Car Games are also ALWAYS better on Console. But how hard can it be to put a keyboard and a mouse or something better on a Console ??
how hard is it to put a console controller on a PC?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
363 Posts
When you say that, you can argue
How hard can it be to put a controller into a computer, oh wait, THEY ALREADY DID.

edit:whoops, forgot to look at page 2
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,122 Posts
Not even close. PC gaming isn't even close to dead. They need to rely on each other to drive the gaming market (like DeaDLocK said). Consoles will do their thing, and PC's will do theirs...

The only reasons for me to get consoles are exclusive games for consoles. Some of my favorite games are on consoles. However, I've always liked computer gaming better because of the controls. In fact, I didn't start console gaming until last month, when I got a Gamecube. I'm getting used to the controllers for GC, but I still think the KB/mouse are more comfortable.

Oh, and I really like to play RTS (Age of Empires, Red Alert, Homeworld) and they don't work very well on consoles.

As for driving games, I do better on a KB for some reason. Maybe because I've been doing it on a KB for so long?
(6-7 years)
 
1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Top