Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had to move my PC the other day since I was painting my room but I rebuilt the machine to aid cable management but now the PC doesn't even start. When I start I hear a really faint single beep but I don't think it's coming from the M/B or the speaker on my case.

I've disconnected the GPU to see if it's a problem there, no BIOS beep.
I've disconnected all the RAM to see if it's a problem there, no BIOS beep.
I've reset the CMOS to see if it's a problem there, no BIOS beep.

I have no idea what to try now, I've double checked every power connector to make sure it's in properly and it is. It simply will not boot.

Help please, if my PC doesn't work I'll have to use my iMac until I can save up for a new rig - which is longer than you think!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by G|F.E.A.D|Killa
View Post

try one stick of ram and see if that helps, also can you reset the cmos.

We're here for ya, awaiting response to ^his

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
it might be the power supply. do you have another you can try out? Also since you just did cable management check to make sure all power connectors are connected and supplying power.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Tried the following:

RAM

0 Sticks - No post
1 Stick - No post
2 Sticks - No post

CMOS Reset

No post

Any help here guys? This lian-li has the worst cable management I've ever encoutered. I'll go and double check all the connectors.

Edit: May be worth mentioning ALL fan LEDs come on as they normally would, everything is the same just no BIOS and no visual.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Motherboard doesn't have an onboard GPU, only AMD motherboards and Intel i3 motherboards have that.

I've removed GPU and it's made no difference.

·
Registered
138 Posts
try removing a jumper to clear your cmos

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
May be a wild guess but make sure the power and reset button on the case are not being pressed down. That happened to me once after cleaning my computer out.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope, it's not that since it's starting up fine when I hit the button just the BIOS makes no post sound and I get a blank screen.

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Have you unplugged all USB devices and tried it? I had a similar problem, but once I unplugged my USB devices, it booted up like a champ and has been ever since

·
Registered
138 Posts
double check and make sure the power connecters are plugged into your gpu and mobo.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toonshorty
View Post

Nope, it's not that since it's starting up fine when I hit the button just the BIOS makes no post sound and I get a blank screen.

That is what my sig rig would do when the reset button was being held down.

Other then that, sounds like you might have toasted the board. Have a gigabtye board do the same thing and they were not able to repair it and replaced with another board when I RMAed it.

·
Banned
10,292 Posts
just had this issue yesterday. (my room was being painted too!!) unplug everything and plug it back in..also try running it outside of the case to rule out grounding.

for me a simple CMOS reset fixed it..do you have any old ram laying around? try those if you do.

my rig just didnt like being unplugged from the power strip

·
Registered
706 Posts
Have you tried a different video card? you might also try using the Molex Power Adapter Cable that came with the HIS card instead of the 1* PCI-E 6PIN from your psu, if you don't have another video card to test it out with. could also plug in a tv with the component out, and/or try a different display. If you have another psu give that a whirl. also disconnecting everything plug one device at a time to find out if anything else is bad.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I've built my PC up from scratch on a peice of cardboard, still no good.

It's not the cables, I think the motherboards friend.

Dayumn, this means I'll just have to buy an ASUS Rampage II Gene and an i7 930.

·
OG AMD
8,954 Posts
The CPU could be bad too.no cpu = no bios,no beeps.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts