Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pc was working properly last night.I started my pc in morning..it didnt start...I got error.. Bootmanager coruppt..... after other restarted new errror " system halted "..

and now nothing is displaying in screen...!!!

help me guys....

·
Registered
538 Posts
Hi, would I right to assume that you are using only Windows 7 RTM 64-bit, and that you are not dual-booting anything?

·
Custom User Title
3,652 Posts
Clear Bio's?

I got the boot manager problem when i OC'd to high (very weird), i lowered it and it worked, and i also can me many more problems.

IDK about the System halted, make sure all your HDD's are fully connected. and CPU and Mobo have there power plug securely in.

If you get it posting again try fixing the Boot manager problem with your OS disc, if the cleared cmos didn't do anything.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by bmanpard
View Post

Hi, would I right to assume that you are using only Windows 7 RTM 64-bit, and that you are not dual-booting anything?

I had installed Window 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 on my pc..

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
So you can't even get into the bios? If that's the case I would clear the cmos. Other possibilities could be gpu failure or faulty psu. Do your fans speed up when you power up?

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sxyadii
View Post

I had installed Window 7 and Ubuntu 9.10 on my pc..

Maybe your grub thingy got messed up... maybe a linux expert can help you there. I know there is an easy fix for that but I don't remember how it went.

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
So it doesn't POST at all eh?
..... Strip the system, everything out. 1 stick of ram, no HDD, the bear minimum to run (internal GPU if you have one would be nice) and see what happens. If STILL nothing, clear the CMOS, i've run into ram errors before where it says boot.ini (i think, boot.something) did not start and it was not booting for it's life, so i slowed down my RAM.
But im thinking if it isn't POSTing, that's a whole new bag of cheetos

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Is the machine running at all?
If there is no power then its the power supply unit.

If it is running but no display then try changing your graphics card (or if you have onboard graphics then clear the CMOS and plug your monitor cable into your motherboard graphics output)

·
Banned
1,453 Posts
It's the RAM. Had the same issue couple weeks back. Put in 1 stick, reset CMOS and try to display. If not, exchange stick with another one and repeat. And once again (try all 3 sticks one at a time).
Remember to clear CMOS each time.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Somehow the computer was running,running well with 2gb,when I want to start with 3gb ,and doesnt start window and it stopped here

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
THERE is your problem, stock clocks....lol
So it doesn't boot with three DIMMs eh....
My old motherboard didn't supprt 3 DIMMS, it was either 1,2or4. Maybe try one stick in each slot, as the guys said above, im thinking on of your DIMMS are cooked if it partly POSTs. Try each DIMM one by one, in each slot, see how that works and post back

·
Registered
2,802 Posts
^
it doesn't POST, we need to get the copmuter running, it doesn't turn on. It goes power>POST>windows, we aren't past the POST part

1 - 20 of 22 Posts