Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I built a new gaming PC 3 weeks ago, It has worked perfectly for those 3 weeks, It has just started crashing now and i do not know what the problem is. So far it has crashed about 8-10 times. It doesnt matter if im playing a game or not it will still freeze on me, and i dont get any error reports or messages, Please help me if you can
Also im new with pcs so i kinda need to be spoonfed the instructions.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Thanks for the reply, These are my system Specs
Manufacturer: gigabyte
Processor Intel(R) core i5- 4670k Cpu @ 3.40ghz 3.40 ghz
Ram: 8.00 GB
System Type 64 bit operating system x64 based processor
I havent done any stress tests or anything Also the crashing occurs at random times, Even when im at the desktop doing nothing.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
down load hirens boot disk burn it to a cd with youer backup rig/lapptop put in and then run memtest for about 6 passes if its survives that well im baffled as to the problem btw do that on all stickls then 1 at a time if that makes sence

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
oh and i think to interuped the normal boot order you ither press f12 or f8 right after the post screen the link for hirens http://www.hirensbootcd.org/
thumb.gif

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khalilg View Post

Hey thanks for the reply, Ill try hirens boot disk
Doing stress tests, such as Prime95 or Intel Burn Test should give a clear indication whether the system is stable or not.
I'd recommend running either of those applications because they test both CPU and RAM. There are also many alternatives out there, however those are my 2 preferences.
Btw, not sure if it's fully relevant to the issue that you're describing, but is your PSU 'Haswell Compatible'? You didn't quite tell us your system's specs into detail, which is why i ask.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
yeah as i said just run memtest for a few passes likie 6 that will indeed ratt out anny issus with the ram atleast

·
Registered
69 Posts
prime wont do anything because the problem happens even on the desktop, its not an unstable cpu. I guess it might be the ram, whenever the os decides to write to a bad sector (does ram even have sectors) it would crash. But, the power supply is a possibility.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolp View Post

prime wont do anything because the problem happens even on the desktop, its not an unstable cpu. I guess it might be the ram, whenever the os decides to write to a bad sector (does ram even have sectors) it would crash. But, the power supply is a possibility.
It is, but we suggested Prime or IBT since they test both CPU and RAM.
It's possible the CPU could be overheating? OP has decided to only provide minimal specs and info here.
PSU could also be a factor, OP needs to tell us what PSU they have. For all we know, it could be one of those crappy OEM ones or a knockoff $25 PSU from ebay.

·
Registered
69 Posts
hes my bud and I picked the parts for him, I picked a high quality power supply and the overall specs are good. But, the guy who said it could be the power supply could be on to something, it might not be compatible with the c6 sleep states of haswell. Need to ask the op about which power supply he has because I forgot >_<.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pistolp View Post

hes my bud and I picked the parts for him, I picked a high quality power supply and the overall specs are good. But, the guy who said it could be the power supply could be on to something, it might not be compatible with the c6 sleep states of haswell. Need to ask the op about which power supply he has because I forgot >_<.
I mentioned Haswell Compatibility. Seeing if disabling the C6 states helps was my initial guess here aswell.
Otherwise if you and him are mates then you could check out his pc in person
thumb.gif

1 - 14 of 14 Posts