Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Read Only
Joined
·
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source
Quote:
ASUS actually initially revealed this monitor in May last year but for whatever reason it was put on the backburner and only recently brought to light again.
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=skDRQZs4aGQ&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Off-Topic : My first news post
smile.gif
.
On-Topic : From the looks of the specifications, we can expect several things...

-NVIDIA will add at least 1 DisplayPort or Mini DisplayPort connection to their graphics cards.
-Gaming with less ghosting on IPS.
-Monitor will be expensive.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
65,162 Posts
Add a quote or a picture.
wink.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
shouldn't lcd be trying to move towards a bezelless display since IPS came out? the quality of monitor imaging is fantastic these days. i'd gladly take an IPS monitor with no bezel at a moderate price over any new image tech. hell i work with 4 monitors at work and i'd love to get rid of these annoying bezels.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
19,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue;11998008
shouldn't lcd be trying to move towards a bezelless display since IPS came out?
LG said around this time last year that they were working on bezelless displays/TVs. It might take a while.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,984 Posts
Bezelless monitors are my dream...

I would be able to EyeFinity3 without caring about bezel correction, neither from having the dam screen split so hardcorely in three lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp;11998018
LG said around this time last year that they were working on bezelless displays/TVs. It might take a while.
yeah i believe they are calling it a "borderless display". here was a picture from a reveal in russia. it's a 42" that they are charging $2,133 for. not sure if it's being sold yet.

LG-SL8000-11.jpg
 

·
I lieks teh cheese
Joined
·
2,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artikbot;11998063
Bezelless monitors are my dream...

I would be able to EyeFinity3 without caring about bezel correction, neither from having the dam screen split so hardcorely in three lol.
Hardcorely, haven't heard that word in a while.. good times
biggrin.gif


Until bezelless monitors come out I will stick to just 1
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue;11998188
yeah i believe they are calling it a "borderless display". here was a picture from a reveal in russia. it's a 42" that they are charging $2,133 for. not sure if it's being sold yet.

LG-SL8000-11.jpg
I see a bezel.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
if Asus came out with a "gaming monitor" that was just 23 and 24 inches with no bezel and that screen, they would make a killing. especially if it was very well priced.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,189 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore;11998230
I see a bezel.
lol then here's the Orion by Salitek. 9x 42" lcds stacked up to show what they look like together. never seen the product in the "wild" though.

OPM4240%203X3%20Race%20Car.jpg?rand=506118420
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by soilentblue;11998252
lol then here's the Orion by Salitek. 9x 42" lcds stacked up to show what they look like together. never seen the product in the "wild" though.

OPM4240%203X3%20Race%20Car.jpg?rand=506118420
My eyes just saw the most beautiful monitor of my life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
307 Posts
They should sell those in little blocks so you can construct your own monitor
tongue.gif


Hmm today I feel like 16:10.... shift a few blocks around
What about an ultra widescreen movie.... shift a few blocks around
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
excuse me gaming without ghosting???
that is only possible on a crt @ 100hz or more or a lcd @ 100hz or more.
if its just another 75hz and 2ms monitor is has ghosting to some degree.
if you want to confirm this go in game and do a 90 or 180 degree turn, while you do that notice that you do not clearly see your surroundings while moving. this is motion blur. the reason why this happens is because the monitor is not refreshing the image to the monitor enough times, sure it may display the image fast(2ms) but not enough times(hz) for it to remove motion blur. i have a 2233rz @ 120hz and i pass the test.
 

·
Read Only
Joined
·
10,321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by v193r;11999659
excuse me gaming without ghosting???
that is only possible on a crt @ 100hz or more or a lcd @ 100hz or more.
if its just another 75hz and 2ms monitor is has ghosting to some degree.
if you want to confirm this go in game and do a 90 or 180 degree turn, while you do that notice that you do not clearly see your surroundings while moving. this is motion blur. the reason why this happens is because the monitor is no refreshing the image to the monitor enough time, sure it may display the image fast(2ms) but not enough times(hz) for it to remove motion blur. i have a 2233rz @ 120hz and i pass the test.
Fixed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridCore;11999714
Fixed.
fixed what?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
325 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by soilentblue
View Post

shouldn't lcd be trying to move towards a bezelless display since IPS came out? the quality of monitor imaging is fantastic these days. i'd gladly take an IPS monitor with no bezel at a moderate price over any new image tech. hell i work with 4 monitors at work and i'd love to get rid of these annoying bezels.

bezelless would be very nice but, the current visual technology was a step back from colors which was a big draw back.. i think it is best if we moved forward after we fixed all the draw backs from moving from crt to lcd.
 
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Top