Overclock.net banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Impressive. I wish I had the space for 3 monitors.

Why did you use that horrible stock music?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
because I uploaded it directly from my phone and then just told it to pick something. LOL

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Wow very nice

I have a 1680x1050 monitor and wanted to do 3 monitors, but thought it wasn't worth it if you didn't have 3 monitors that did 1920x1080 or 1920x1200! Is it worth it with 3x 1680x1050 monitors?

Is it better than a single 1920x1200 monitor?

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you honestly tell me that you can see a difference between a 22" monitor screen with 1680x1050 and 1920x1080? if you can your lucky lol but if not then the lower the res the better it will run. dudes that run eyefinity on monitors that run res higher then or at 1920x1080 have to have some serious beef under the hood. I love my setup. My buddy runs 3 1920x1080 monitors and I don't see any difference in quality over mine and mine runs way better then his. My monitors are 1680x1050 and hell yeah it's way better then a single 1900x1200 monitor. LOL Total emmersion with surround sound and video.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by geazy
View Post

Can you honestly tell me that you can see a difference between a 22" monitor screen with 1680x1050 and 1920x1080? if you can your lucky lol but if not then the lower the res the better it will run. dudes that run eyefinity on monitors that run res higher then or at 1920x1080 have to have some serious beef under the hood. I love my setup. My buddy runs 3 1920x1080 monitors and I don't see any difference in quality over mine and mine runs way better then his. My monitors are 1680x1050 and hell yeah it's way better then a single 1900x1200 monitor. LOL Total emmersion with surround sound and video.

I can definitely tell the difference between the two.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Limes
View Post

I can definitely tell the difference between the two.

Nope. That is technically almost impossible

What you ARE noticing is the difference in the quality of LCDs you used. Some LCDs look a LOT better than others even if they are both TN panels.

Your 1920x1080 might look better than your 1680x1050 in game. It can also be the other way round. The quality is the biggest factor, not the resolution.

·
Registered
112 Posts
i also am running eyefinity but with 3 24" lcds with a res of 5760x1080! all i have to say is that once you play a game with eyefinity you will never be able to go back to only one monitor! it just adds to the overall experience!

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah as i'm sure you can see my xbox360 is hooked up to the center monitor and when I go from playing my PC to 360 and play Blackops with some friends or something I only have that center monitor working and it just kills me. LOL not to mention the horrible sub-hd video coming from the console. LOL

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Awww man it really does look sweet!

Sorry if it seems i might be jacking your thread but i'm really hyped up to do this now that I know that you can do this!

I well want to go triple display setup now but they don't make my LG monitor anymore, if I've got it right though I can add any same size monitor that does the same resolution and has the same refresh rate for it to work??

I understand that contrasts and screen heights may differ though.

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chobbit
View Post

Awww man it really does look sweet!

Sorry if it seems i might be jacking your thread but i'm really hyped up to do this now that I know that you can do this!

I well want to go triple display setup now but they don't make my LG monitor anymore, if I've got it right though I can add any same size monitor that does the same resolution and has the same refresh rate for it to work??

I understand that contrasts and screen heights may differ though.

It will set every display to the same refersh rate and resolution with ATi

So just get 2x more of the same size and resolution panels and you're good to go. Just make sure you connect one of them to the display port connection either directly or with an ACTIVE adapter. Not passive.

nVidia surround is a lot more demanding. It usually doesn't allow mixed displays.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by De-Zant
View Post

So just get 2x more of the same size and resolution panels and you're good to go. Just make sure you connect one of them to the display port connection either directly or with an ACTIVE adapter. Not passive.

nVidia surround is a lot more demanding. It usually doesn't allow mixed displays.

yep, yep! shoot me some rep once you do it and love it. LOL you know just for being slick rick the rula! LOL I'm excited for you man!

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by De-Zant
View Post

I have nvidia cards
any idea what the requirements are for nvidia surround to work is?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by geazy
View Post

yep, yep! shoot me some rep once you do it and love it. LOL you know just for being slick rick the rula! LOL I'm excited for you man!

Sure will

·
Premium Member
7,798 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chobbit
View Post

I have nvidia cards
any idea what the requirements are for nvidia surround to work is?

Same sync polarity, resolution, and refresh rate with each monitor.

Since sync polarity is rarely listed in any spec sheet, it's almost impossible to know whether or not your monitors have the same sync polarity.

Best off buying 3x same display on nVidia side.

·
Registered
2,372 Posts
009 Sound System Dreamscape = the new Rickroll.
Awesome computer, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts