Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i got my new mobo windows is not starting up it is saying starting windows it crashes starts up again saying run fix program (recommended) or start windows normally all i have found is to re install windows 7 but is there a easy fix?

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
get windows, burn it on a dvd. start the installation process. format your drive and install a new copy of windows onto your hard drive, need detailed help?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the windows 7 i installed off i have given to a friend and will not be able to get it back for a week or so, so can i make a windows 7 disk instead

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIJeffreyII View Post

the windows 7 i installed off i have given to a friend and will not be able to get it back for a week or so, so can i make a windows 7 disk instead
Yes you can download it, just make sure you know your product key, you will need it to activate Windows 7, you can use Windows as a trial version if you don't remember your key. Download here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/Windows-7.shtml and burn it to a DVD.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipperRoo View Post

No you have to reinstall/format windows every time you get a new motherboard.
No you don't. I just installed new mobo, cpu, gpu's ram , and psu. I used the same hd and windows booted and installed all new drivers.

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
While its possible for Windows to adapt to your new hardware, it can't always.

Either download a torrented Windows 7 install, then use your own product key, or wait for your friend to give you the CD again.

The best way IS to format and re-install Windows, you'll have a lot less problems..

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i have 3 disks one with the windows 7 home premium ISO on it one with the files from that ISO and a windows 7 repair disk created from another windows 7 PC the only one my pc will boot from is the windows 7 repair disk they are all made using the same type of disk so how do i get my pc to boot windows 7 installation

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
The Windows 7 ISO disk...your computer will identify it as a normal, regular Windows 7 OS DVD

·
Registered
684 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMZ87SS View Post

No you don't. I just installed new mobo, cpu, gpu's ram , and psu. I used the same hd and windows booted and installed all new drivers.
Agreed, also it's best to unistall all the old drivers before you install the new MOBO. But with Windows 7 you don't need to format and reinstall.
thumb.gif

1 - 15 of 15 Posts