Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK my pc is fine and all but if I shutdown my pc and turn it back on the HDD and Power light is on and the monitor is on standby - if I press reset on my pc it boots...

Does anyone know what's causing this to happen?

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
I had a problem like that on an old Pentium 3 rig i once had, i think it was a lack of power to the CPU on startup (like the power supply started after the cpu?!), it would give one long beep then two short ones?!

But the beeps means a bad graffix card but mine worked fine!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TeleFragX

OK my pc is fine and all but if I shutdown my pc and turn it back on the HDD and Power light is on and the monitor is on standby - if I press reset on my pc it boots...

Does anyone know what's causing this to happen?

Just make sure your Power Button is wired correct(it's kinda hard to mess up). Also, in your BIOS, check your CPU Startup VID(that's what my mobo calls it). That's how much power is used to boot up the computer.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I have the same problem. Only when I overclock, though. I think it is to do with a lack of initial power, or something. Either way, I press power on, then I hit restart, which boots the PC up. However, I need to then hit restart once more to get it to boot using the the FSB I have set in the BIOS. So all in all it needs 3 goes to start. Once it's running I have no problems, though, so...it's not a big deal really.

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a 580watt (650watt peak) thats plenty lol!...

Anyway i updated my bios from F8 to F10 anit seen if it still does it.. Theres no beeps though...

The power button is wired correct as its 2 wires and if they are wrong way power switch dont work... And i have overclocked to 3.8..

·
Registered
562 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
APM? What's that?

Anyway I updated my bios version on my motherboard it didn't say anything about the problem I was having but this morning it didn't do it - it powered straight up. Ill check on it for a couple of days still though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts