Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
448
Quote:
Here is the first picture of PowerColor Radeon HD 79xx PCS graphics card. Reliable sources told TechPowerUp that the card pictured below is PowerColor's Radeon HD 7950 PCS, with which it will start its HD 7950 lineup. From this fairly large, and fairly clear picture PowerColor released, one can make out its new PCS (professional cooling system) cooler design, which uses a slightly larger aluminum fin-stack heatsink than the one found on previous generation PCS coolers. Heat is drawn from the GPU and conveyed to this fin-stack a number of nickel-plated copper heat-pipes (we count four). The heatsink is ventilated by two 80 mm fans. The card appears to stick within the confines of two expansion slots.
http://www.techpowerup.com/158952/PowerColor-Radeon-HD-7950-PCS-Pictured.html
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,238 Posts
I agree. Looks very promising. Now sell it to me for less then 350€ and we have a deal
biggrin.gif
 

·
Big Gamer
Joined
·
1,148 Posts
You can't go wrong with Powercolor, imo. Every AMD card I've owned has been Powercolor and from the looks of it, so will my next one!
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
532 Posts
d'awww it's not red, wont match my case... sigh. think i could make it red? if i buy one without voiding warranties lol.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
791 Posts
my 5970 powercolor included the EK block ... I had 2d issues early on and actually had CS email/callme back ... I went with asus for 7970 I guess I like the CS punishment -should i have issues...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bit_reaper View Post

I agree. Looks very promising. Now sell it to me for less then 350€ and we have a deal
biggrin.gif
this

Y U NO SELL IT YET AMD?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
Now we're talking. None of that terrible reference cooling business. A few points of note for me though:
1. Those look more like 90-92mm fans than 80mm
2. I hope it has a reference PCB, as Powercolor often skimps on voltage circuitry (EG no software voltage control and higher power draw)
3. I want to see more HD7950s
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for reference coolers, Nvidia or AMD. Non-OEM coolers are almost always obnoxious and garish, whether they are better coolers or not. This one still looks pretty good to me.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,307 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post

Now we're talking. None of that terrible reference cooling business. A few points of note for me though:
1. Those look more like 90-92mm fans than 80mm
2. I hope it has a reference PCB, as Powercolor often skimps on voltage circuitry (EG no software voltage control and higher power draw)
3. I want to see more HD7950s
smile.gif
my powercolor 6950 had voltage control and oc'd pretty well. I'd stll have it now if ididnt lose my job and panic about money lol.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scotty453 View Post

d'awww it's not red, wont match my case... sigh. think i could make it red? if i buy one without voiding warranties lol.
Get some red vinyl tape to cover up the blue.
 
1 - 20 of 27 Posts
Top