Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really sure what section to post this but i'll just do it here
. Problem: Finished putting together my computer, turn it on, fans start up, mobo lights up, but nothing appears on my monitor. Tried reseating GPU, RAM, cleared CMOS, but still same result. No beep, doesn't reach POST if i'm not mistaken. I'm a pretty big n00b so I need some help.

Rig:

Case: NZXT Tempest
PSU: Corsair TX 750W
Mobo: Gigabyte Ga-EX58-UD4P
CPU: i7 920
GPU: 2 XFX-489A-ZDFC Radeon HD4890 1GB DDR5
RAM: G.Skill 6GB(3x2GB) SDRAM DDR3 1600
HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB
CD/DVD: Sony Optiarc 24x SATA

Help

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
To hopefully get things started: did you use the 8-pin CPU power connector, or the 4-pin?

·
Registered
252 Posts
yup like TwoCables said, check the CPU power connector.

mine did the same thing when i first built it and then i finally realized i didn't plug in the CPU power plug.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by TwoCables
View Post

To hopefully get things started: did you use the 8-pin CPU power connector, or the 4-pin?

OOO LOL, I see it, lemme try that.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonathan9590
View Post

yup like TwoCables said, check the CPU power connector.

mine did the same thing when i first built it and then i finally realized i didn't plug in the CPU power plug.

I did the same thing when I built my system. It took me a good half an hour to discover that the CPU power cable wasn't plugged in.

If they would just put a blinking light next to it or something, then we wouldn't do this. I mean, in my rig, the CPUs power port is off in a dark corner, and it's completely hidden by the Tuniq Tower.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,939 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MarcosPWnsNubs
View Post

CPU fan?

Oh, good question. This is regarding the power cable that looks very similar to an 8-pin PCI-E power cable.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
God damnit, that was the problem lol. I can't believe I just spent like 3 hours trying to figure out something so simple. When I heard that 1 beep I squealed like a little girl.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got another problem now installing windows(XP, waiting on copy of Vista)

Blue screen that says:

a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. check to make sure u have adequate disk space, if a driver is identified in the stop message, disable the driver or check with the manufacturer for driver updates. try changing video adapters check wit hardware vendor for bios updates. disable bios memory options such as caching or shadowing

techincal info:
STOP: 0.00000007E(bunch of numbers and letters in brackets)
pci.sys

1 - 9 of 9 Posts