Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys!

Ever since(4 days now) after I got a new case to also fit ATX mobos for later upgrades my PC keeps on restarting with no BSOD, no errors at all but a Kernel-power Event ID 41.

Now I also now have 3x 140mm LED fans, in the old case I had none so this adds a bit of wattage, but I don't really know it's not a lot. The games can run all from 2mins to 5 hours without restarting and then suddenly it just shutdowns the system and restarts w/o a BSOD. I'm currently playing Dark Souls III, but it happens with others games as well.

PC Stats:
Mobo: GA-P55M-UD2
CPU: i7 [email protected](stable, tested already)
GPU: HD7950 Dual-X 925/1250 stock clocks
RAM: 8GB 1333MHz
PSU: Energon 750W(bought December 2009)

Now I know the PSU is bad, but this literally started happening after I got my new case and setup there everything exactly as it was just with the extra 3x 140mm fans added. I'll try again to re-seat everything but I did that once already and it didn't help. Changing clocks to stock didn't help either.

I'm basically out of ideas, any help?

Event log:

Code:

Code:
- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
- <System>
  <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" /> 
  <EventID>41</EventID> 
  <Version>3</Version> 
  <Level>1</Level> 
  <Task>63</Task> 
  <Opcode>0</Opcode> 
  <Keywords>0x8000400000000002</Keywords> 
  <TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-04-29T15:49:26.751345200Z" /> 
  <EventRecordID>4356</EventRecordID> 
  <Correlation /> 
  <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" /> 
  <Channel>System</Channel> 
  <Computer>DESKTOP-BBPKPTI</Computer> 
  <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> 
  </System>
- <EventData>
  0x0 
  0x0 
  0x0 
  0x0 
  </EventData>
  </Event>
Thanks!

·
Senior OCN Member
39,868 Posts
The PSU you have is junk and if you know it is there is no excuse to keep it.
Get something decent instead of keeping that fire hazard.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shilka View Post

The PSU you have is junk and if you know it is there is no excuse to keep it.
Get something decent instead of keeping that fire hazard.
I was told that a year ago already, said if I would be changing mobo, cpu or gpu I'd get a better one, but it seems like this one is dying on me, not sure.

I just wanna make sure that buying one would fix my current issue as it started happening out of the blue. I've re-seat everything right now and made sure everything is connected perfectly. It's really REALLY getting on my nerves.

Also, what PSU would you recommend? I'm looking for something than will in the future run atleast a 4690k with maybe a r9 390, that's at least what I plan on upgrading onto. I'm not looking to spend way too much on a PSU either. Something that has great reputation, I don't care if it's modular, semi-modular or nothing at all, as long as it's not expensive and is certified ofc. I guess safe would be like 600W ish? I never plan to run crossfire/sli, ever.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siimcy View Post

I was told that a year ago already, said if I would be changing mobo, cpu or gpu I'd get a better one, but it seems like this one is dying on me, not sure.

I just wanna make sure that buying one would fix my current issue as it started happening out of the blue. I've re-seat everything right now and made sure everything is connected perfectly. It's really REALLY getting on my nerves.

Also, what PSU would you recommend? I'm looking for something than will in the future run atleast a 4690k with maybe a r9 390, that's at least what I plan on upgrading onto. I'm not looking to spend way too much on a PSU either. Something that has great reputation, I don't care if it's modular, semi-modular or nothing at all, as long as it's not expensive and is certified ofc. I guess safe would be like 600W ish? I never plan to run crossfire/sli, ever.
About as cheap as you can go while still being decent is the XFX TS Bronze or the Seasonic S12II its based on.
They are not all that great but they are pretty cheap, there is also the XFX TS Gold or the Seasonic S12G its based on if you dont mind paying a little bit more.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have to necro this thread!

I have the same error as you after rebuilding my PC into a new chassis. The only game it happens with is World of Warcraft: Legion. Here are my system specs:

MB: Asus Maximus VII Gene
CPU: 4790K (No OC)
GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC (Factory OC)
RAM: Mushkin Redline Enhanced 16GB @ 2400Mhz (Factory OC)
SSD: 4x Samsung 850 Pro RAID 0
AUX: Asus Xonar DGX
AUX: Asus PCE-AC68
PSU: Silverstone ST1200G
CHA: Lian-Li PC-O6SX

The CPU is cooled by a Silverstone Tundra TD-02E and seems to sit around 55c under average load (gaming). The GPU is at the bottom of the case and is anywhere from 75 to 83 under load - this is by design and 83c is typical of the 980 Ti with reference cooler.

All drivers are up to date - installed latest Geforce drivers last night using DDU to run a clean install. I am running Windows 10 64-bit and I run WoW under the 64-bit client as well. Again, the Windows log error is almost exactly as the original post shows with Event ID 41 and the same bug check codes of 0x0. I wonder if it is indeed my PSU but I'm not really sure because it's only Warcraft that it happens with.

I uninstalled and reinstalled the game overnight so I'll see if that fixes it. I ran into a couple game-related Error 132 which has to due with the cache and *** folders. I'll try it to night and see if those two are fixed but in the meantime does anyone have any ideas?

If it was happening in anything else (WoT, WoWarships, Overwatch, HOTS, etc) I'd just replace the PSU but it isn't... I'm kind of at a loss. I don't have any PSU diagnostics tools like a multimeter or anything so I can't test it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts