Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys I've tried multiple forums with no luck but I'm trying to find a fix for my issue. ANY help would be appreciated.

So this is an issue that has started happening over 8 months ago where when I play games for about an hour or two the game would give me a "screen tear" like effect. There is extreme micro stutter and gets to the point where I cannot play anymore, in some games like CS:GO my fps goes from 230-250 and then dips to 160 when this starts happening, and in some games fps is perfectly fine but there becomes extreme screen tearing and micro stuttering.

I've tried nearly EVERY fix I could find but nothing, I'm going nuts over this as I have not even been able to use my pc to its full potential because of this issue. My PC is practically all new parts now, besides my cpu and motherboard which are the only thing left from my original build from three years ago. (my gpu, ram, psu, etc... are all new, ordered around two months ago. Full specs listed below)

What I've Tried:

- Uninstalled Geforce Experience
- Uninstalled and reinstalled CSGO in Steam/ Reinstall games.
- Uninstalled the Nvidia HD Audio driver.
- Tried Unplugging my second monitor out, tried new cables.
- Uninstalled and clean installed drivers(audio, video etc...)
- Cleaned PC
- Reinstalled windows (issue started after an upgrade to windows 8 from 7)
- Practically all my parts are new now. (only leaves cpu or motherboard if this is a hardware issue)
- Run memtest86, defrag, etc...
- Reset bios
- Power options, both for windows and nvidia control panel (max performance)

Extra:

- No this isn't your typical screen tear, I know what it looks like, I'm a fairly "tech savy person" and have been working a few times a week (for many months...) researching online to fix this issue and still have not found anything. What I'm getting is extreme micro stutter and also this affects ALL games once in starts even games like minecraft.
- Temps are perfectly fine, GPU full load maxes at 72C, and CPU at 55C
- Also my GPU is OC'd a little bit, but this issue has happened before my gpu upgrade as well so this most likely isn't the issue. (I've tried with other gpu's same result, and have tried with the OC off)
- To cope with this issue and the ONLY fix I found was putting my pc to sleep and turning it back on or restarting and then it works find for another hour or so.
- I do feel like this is a software issue, but any ideas are welcome. Any help is appreciated thank you
smile.gif

Specs:
CPU: Core I5 3570
MOBO: MSI H77-G43
GPU: EVGA GTX 950FTW
RAM: G. Skill Sniper 16GB
Storage: Crucial BX100 120GB, 1TB Caviar Blue, 2x Seagate 500GB SSHD
PSU: EVGA 650 GQ
Cooling: Hyper 212 EVO

·
Registered
692 Posts
the issue still persist after you've reinstalled win 7 ?

what's your cpu & gpu usage when that happened, no image artifacts besides that stuttering ?
It seems like there's something overheating, needs to be cooled first before it can work normal again.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have exacly same problem!

I did try alot of tweaks,bios settings etc. Only PC restart helps for me.
One thing i noticed, that it works better at fresh windows. Over time it just getting worst and i need to restart my pc very often if i want to play FPS games (stuttering and mouse movement is so bad). Its quite annoying, because sometimes my games doesnt work good ever after reboot. I need to do it serval times until the problem goes away .

My rig is :
Xeon x3430 @ 3.45ghz
Intel DP55KG Motherboard
2x4gb DDR3 goodram 1600mhz
OCZ SXS2 600W
Xi-Fi Music
GTX660 2GB GIGABYTE OC with 353.38 drivers (but it doesnt matter which drivers i am using but they are the best for DPC latency and performance for mine gtx660)

My DPC latency is low. Max 80 in idle, mostly 20-50
Windows 8.1 64bit - i did try w10 and w7. No diffrence

I did stress test CPU,PSU,GPU and memtested RAM and HDD. Everything is in good condition. MAX temps while gaming : CPU 60-65C, GPU 60-67C, motherboard : 40-45C

What i found by myself with our problem so far (maybe it can help for someone) :
https://www.reddit.com/r/3zsmxd/clock_drift_issue_making_client_and_server_out_of/
Thing that (i think) help me a bit is disabling every windows service with connection to home network (files shareing, print spooler etc. home groups etc)
I am using also process lasso software with high bitsum performance and gaming mode while playing. I think it doesnt make huge diffrence,but windows works well with this so i am using it.

I am mostly playing CSGO, cpu and gpu usage in this game is weird,like CPU 20-50% and gpu 30-70%
When this happening its the same and i am feeling a bit fps drops

For some reason game work the best for like ~30sec while joining to server. After this my mouse feeling is worst

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by awkwardstevie View Post

I have exacly same problem!

I did try alot of tweaks,bios settings etc. Only PC restart helps for me.
One thing i noticed, that it works better at fresh windows. Over time it just getting worst and i need to restart my pc very often if i want to play FPS games (stuttering and mouse movement is so bad). Its quite annoying, because sometimes my games doesnt work good ever after reboot. I need to do it serval times until the problem goes away .

My rig is :
Xeon x3430 @ 3.45ghz
Intel DP55KG Motherboard
2x4gb DDR3 goodram 1600mhz
OCZ SXS2 600W
Xi-Fi Music
GTX660 2GB GIGABYTE OC with 353.38 drivers (but it doesnt matter which drivers i am using but they are the best for DPC latency and performance for mine gtx660)

My DPC latency is low. Max 80 in idle, mostly 20-50
Windows 8.1 64bit - i did try w10 and w7. No diffrence

I did stress test CPU,PSU,GPU and memtested RAM and HDD. Everything is in good condition. MAX temps while gaming : CPU 60-65C, GPU 60-67C, motherboard : 40-45C

What i found by myself with our problem so far (maybe it can help for someone) :
https://www.reddit.com/r/3zsmxd/clock_drift_issue_making_client_and_server_out_of/
Thing that (i think) help me a bit is disabling every windows service with connection to home network (files shareing, print spooler etc. home groups etc)
I am using also process lasso software with high bitsum performance and gaming mode while playing. I think it doesnt make huge diffrence,but windows works well with this so i am using it.

I am mostly playing CSGO, cpu and gpu usage in this game is weird,like CPU 20-50% and gpu 30-70%
When this happening its the same and i am feeling a bit fps drops

For some reason game work the best for like ~30sec while joining to server. After this my mouse feeling is worst
Yep exactly my issue except in cs:go for me it lags about 30mins later, and for other games a few hours. And cpu and gpu usage is weird when playing csgo as well. (gpu would stay around 60-70 then drop to 40-50 when lagging occurs) Lets keep each other updated, also I have also tried looking in other forums and have found things with services and new windows options causing this issue I'll try those things out aswell.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferxy View Post

the issue still persist after you've reinstalled win 7 ?

what's your cpu & gpu usage when that happened, no image artifacts besides that stuttering ?
It seems like there's something overheating, needs to be cooled first before it can work normal again.
Same results, when this happens the usage differs from games. (ex. csgo, cpu stays similar but gpu drops about 20%, Black Ops 2 gpu stays same but cpu usage drops a little)

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
- Also my GPU is OC'd a little bit, but this issue has happened before my gpu upgrade as well so this most likely isn't the issue. (I've tried with other gpu's same result, and have tried with the OC off)
- To cope with this issue and the ONLY fix I found was putting my pc to sleep and turning it back on or restarting and then it works find for another hour or so.
This is pointing me to 2 things, 1 your motherboard possibly, just a guess.

and the 2nd symptom, in power options, what power plan are you set? can you also try setting the hard disk spin down time to 9999999 minutes?

also see if you can set your page file to fixed amount. or try getting rid of it completely if some games allow you (heads up, some games REQUIRE a page file to exist).

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
High Performance, Ill try setting it to 0 so it never turns off also I've messed around with page files no help. I'm looking into the motherboard.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
It would guess, mobo. Since only your CPU and mobo remain, it is one of those.

It sound like a power state issue. Like, idk, the PCIe stops supplying enough power to the GPU or something so it throttles.

Find another mobo or CPU to test.

I wouldn't rule out the CPU, but set it back to stock setting and run some stability test like you were overclocking.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionRising View Post

High Performance, Ill try setting it to 0 so it never turns off also I've messed around with page files no help. I'm looking into the motherboard.
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

It would guess, mobo. Since only your CPU and mobo remain, it is one of those.

It sound like a power state issue. Like, idk, the PCIe stops supplying enough power to the GPU or something so it throttles.

Find another mobo or CPU to test.

I wouldn't rule out the CPU, but set it back to stock setting and run some stability test like you were overclocking.
Actually, wasn't their CPU non overclockable? a non k 3570?

Also do you have any power saving states in the BIOS that you can mess around with and experiment?

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Ok according to the manual of your mobo regarding sleep states, thats would in :

>Advanced
>ACPI Settings
Press to enter the sub-menu.
ACPI Standby State
Specifies the power saving mode for ACPI function
[S1] Sleep Mode. Hardware remains on.
[S3] Suspend to RAM. Turns off hardware. (Recommended)

Try either or see if either stops the stuttering.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ill try this out, my 3570 is the non k version. I do have power saving states but haven't really messed around with them. (set to default)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

Ok according to the manual of your mobo regarding sleep states, thats would in :

>Advanced
>ACPI Settings
Press to enter the sub-menu.
ACPI Standby State
Specifies the power saving mode for ACPI function
[S1] Sleep Mode. Hardware remains on.
[S3] Suspend to RAM. Turns off hardware. (Recommended)

Try either or see if either stops the stuttering.
This is my bios's eco tab
4c37b0ede263334a67cb801c52bda38a.jpg

These are pretty much the only power options in my bios.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
If it's not a power saving setting, it could be an issue with the mobo and it's power delivery... or other issue.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by umeng2002 View Post

If it's not a power saving setting, it could be an issue with the mobo and it's power delivery... or other issue.
Very true, hell it could be a grounding issue with the motherboard inside the case.

·
Registered
5,445 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionRising View Post

What is C State?
I think it was feature to auto downclock intel processors when they're not in use. At this point we're just thinking outside the box as you've troubleshooted a lot.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post

I think it was feature to auto downclock intel processors when they're not in use. At this point we're just thinking outside the box as you've troubleshooted a lot.
none of these have helped
frown.gif
, I think it may be the motherboard do you have any other ideas as to the cause of this? Thanks for the help so far. (Ill also try disabling c state)

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Maybe some power supply weirdness going on?

I see it is a semi modular, have you checked all connections? Maybe you have a bad wire somewhere? Not sure how that would cause an intermittent issue like this (not persistent) but with a check at least.

Without reading everything, it does sound like some weird software issue though.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts