Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

often visited overclock.net to read (typical lurcer) but now I have a problem and need help.
I installed a water cool system and now the PC is shutting down when I start firefox.

1 boot up: After few sec. of happyness I startet two progamms to read out C/G UP temps, after that I started ff and a video started to paly (3 sec) the PC turns off (powoer LED is on, fans moving but keyboard's LEDs go off).

2 boot up: I wanted to be sure that it it was ff and yes after 2-3 sec. after the video started the pc shuts down.

3. boot up: The PC runs for over 7 mins the temps are great and I start ff again -> turns off

Temps: 26°C CPU and the GPU goes from 50 to 40 under 10 sec.

Hardware:

Intel Xeon 1231v3
R9 390X
Sabertooth Z97
Corsair PSU 750 RM watt

Connected
Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1
4 fans
Aquero 6 xt with display
Headset
Small logitech speaker
Flow sensor
Temp. Sensor

g710 & g602

No leaks, PC worked fine for longer time before installing water cooling system.
Pictures
http://imgur.com/a/4MgmL

Thank you for your time.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusop View Post

Hello,
often visited overclock.net to read (typical lurcer) but now I have a problem and need help.
I installed a water cool system and now the PC is shutting down when I start firefox.

1 boot up: After few sec. of happyness I startet two progamms to read out C/G UP temps, after that I started ff and a video started to paly (3 sec) the PC turns off (powoer LED is on, fans moving but keyboard's LEDs go off).

2 boot up: I wanted to be sure that it it was ff and yes after 2-3 sec. after the video started the pc shuts down.

3. boot up: The PC runs for over 7 mins the temps are great and I start ff again -> turns off

Temps: 26°C CPU and the GPU goes from 50 to 40 under 10 sec.

Hardware:

Intel Xeon 1231v3
R9 390X
Sabertooth Z97
Corsair PSU 750 RM watt

Connected
Laing DDC-Pumpe 12V DDC-1
4 fans
Aquero 6 xt with display
Headset
Small logitech speaker
Flow sensor
Temp. Sensor

g710 & g602

No leaks, PC worked fine for longer time before installing water cooling system.
Pictures
http://imgur.com/a/4MgmL

Thank you for your time
I know you said temps are ok but this seems more like a problem of over heating of the CPU to me?? I did this one time when I forgot to take the plastic off the heat sink of the CPU block??

Also do not think it would be weak PSU as your PSU is more than big enough not a very good PSU as far as quality but should not be this!!

·
More Vcore
1,559 Posts
Go into Firefox and disable hardware acceleration. If your computer can't run long enough for you to do that, then uninstall Firefox and being troubleshooting from there. It sounds like your temps are fine and a 750watt PSU should be plenty for your setup.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the response.

It seems like the CPU is overheating like you said . I started CPU Burner after few sec I had 61°C and the cores had 73 72 70 66.
The plastic is off and I applied Thermal Compound. Maybe I should teight the CPU cooler and the cpu.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusop View Post

Thank you for the response.

It seems like the CPU is overheating like you said . I started CPU Burner after few sec I had 61°C and the cores had 73 72 70 66.
The plastic is off and I applied Thermal Compound. Maybe I should teight the CPU cooler and the cpu.
that is high temps for the CPU with a water block!!

what is your overclock??

are you sure your pump is running??

if CPU burner does not cause it to shut down then FF should not....

Make sure your GPU is in correctly, unplug and plug it back in!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The waterblock was tight enough on the CPU. I tightened it and the temps were under 50°C with few mins on the CPU burn BUT I started FF and the PC shutdown.

·
Registered
7,999 Posts
I would see if anything else would cause it to shut down any other programs if not then maybe ff got corrupted by something like installing aqua suite?? Or something?? Because if it only does it on ff it is not hardware problem!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Furmark and the PC goes down. It must be the GPU cooler. Maybe I did something wrong... Removed protection foil, put compund on it, put thermal pads on it.
Firefox works in safe mod also videos but Furmark -> no signal
EDIT: I tightened the screws f waterblock of GPU and furmark works now. Can some one explain what happend?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts