Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hope this is an O.K. subject here?

I have a USB steering wheel for PC and wonder if it will work with Xbox 360?
As I have a wheel for PC and a wheel for Xbox I am reluctant to buy yet another wheel just for the 360, when the mechanics of each wheel are similar. Just a different interface.

Any help advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

Nigel

·
Registered
156 Posts
You should just plug it in and see if it works if the xbox doesn't support it will simply ignore. I have plugged various devices into my xbox before and it still works.

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
yup just plug it inand see if it works, im not possitive if this will work but ive plugged in quite a few stuff and they work, e.g. today i plugged in my keyboard and that works all good, even turns my xbox on when i hit a key by accident >.<

edit, u havent stated what steering wheel u have. that will be alot more helpful as well

ohh and the thread is definetly in the wrong place, this wouldnt class as a mod at all

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
O.K. maybe I will go for it.
I am suspecting that MS are making 360 controllers/wheels incompatible for PC and vice versa. But I guess that also suggests they are changing the USB spec, which is probably even beyond MS's nerve!

Thanks

Nigel

·
Registered
3,396 Posts
Wut? lolz, some stuff will work or both, but for company akes the official wireless 360 steering wheel would work on pc as well as long as theres drivers for it, i know the 360 wireless pads work on pc as long as theres a reciever and drivers

and changing what usb spec? if u meen usb 2.0 to 3.0 i dont think that makes a difference with the 360 as what ever is developed for the 360 will be usb 2.0 at max and if theres a steering wheel on the pc thats usb 3.0 only i would like to know where there built

anywho... welcome to OCN

1 - 7 of 7 Posts