Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Debating whether I should sell my PC360 for 100-150 before it completely loses value and use that towards an AKG712Pro or if I should go from Onboard to Zdac Parasound first... What do you all think?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ditch the onboard audio first. The PC360 puts out respectable sound, and moving to an external DAC will help extremely while upgrading your headphones won't do much if you're still using onboard audio.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I agree with above. I have a set of pc360s as well, and when paired with a good sound card, there is quite a noticeable increase in sound quality.

I had to downgrade from a xfi titanium fatality to the "game blaster" found on asrock x79 e9's (essentially creatives onboard sound slapped on a pcie board) and the difference is pretty stark. The onboard does not drive the pc360s nearly enough and just sounds tinny and high strung. The clarity and depth is also missing by using the onboard.

·
You broke it!
14,295 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickum32 View Post

Ditch the onboard audio first. The PC360 puts out respectable sound, and moving to an external DAC will help extremely while upgrading your headphones won't do much if you're still using onboard audio.
This.

I have the K702 65th Anniversary Editions, and they sound like ass without and AMP behind them. The PCs you have aren't terrible, and actually use the same internals as some of the 500 series I believe. Get a better audio setup and see how those PCs sound at that point, and then if you still want upgrade.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts