Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I can't wait for this game. I'm trying to temper expectations. I really really really hope they do some persistant world type multiplayer like NWN series had.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,775 Posts
giggity.

larien is the only one capable of holding this torch right now. I have the utmost faith they'll deliver one for the ages.

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
giggity.

larien is the only one capable of holding this torch right now. I have the utmost faith they'll deliver one for the ages.
Original Sin 2 is the first game in years (Like 20) that I have played through multiple times. I will 100% be suckered into whatever the ridiculous CE ends up being as well.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
buying it day one early access release, like cmon its larian doing the game, we are safe to assume that even early access will have plenty of content to consume :)

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Looks a lot like OS2 so far, even the overlays look copy/paste. Hopefully this is still super early. Either way A OS2 style Baldur's gate still sounds like fun to me.

·
Registered
149 Posts
my wife recommended that i try out the BG series, as she really enjoyed them, and i purchased them but never got around to them. Considering how much people have been praising these games i guess i need to install them and play it. From what i've seen so far of BG3 it seems it will be really promising even as an outsider to the series.

·
waifu for lifu
11,256 Posts
That combat looks painfully drawn out.
I believe 1 and 2 were RTS. This looks to be turn based, where you have time to plan strats and is D&D based. I wasnt too excite d before, but after the live viewing, its on my watch list. I may look into divinity as well.

·
Registered
3,546 Posts
I believe 1 and 2 were RTS. This looks to be turn based, where you have time to plan strats and is D&D based. I wasnt too excite d before, but after the live viewing, its on my watch list. I may look into divinity as well.
Currently playing OS2; this looks identical from a combat standpoint. While OS2 is a great game, i was really looking forward to how they would handle the non-turn based gameplay.

Baulders gate has never been turn based, and frankly I see this more as Original Sin 3 than anything Baulders Gate. It went from very very high on my excited list, to "i'll get it when it goes on sale".

·
waifu for lifu
11,256 Posts

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,775 Posts
Currently playing OS2; this looks identical from a combat standpoint. While OS2 is a great game, i was really looking forward to how they would handle the non-turn based gameplay.

Baulders gate has never been turn based, and frankly I see this more as Original Sin 3 than anything Baulders Gate. It went from very very high on my excited list, to "i'll get it when it goes on sale".
aside from the turn based, what else is divinity aside from a D&D influenced passion project turned success?

·
Politically incorrect
R5 3100, B550 Mortar, 32GB DDR4 3200, C2000 1TB, 2TB Hitachi, 3TB Toshiba (DT01ACA300), R5 230.
9,257 Posts
Recently replayed this game because I don't have anyone to roll dice with. The game is great and I'm looking forward to playing this remake but nothing compared with rolling a natural 1 or 20, absolutely wicked.

·
waifu for lifu
11,256 Posts
So, AAA game, but early access? Thats gud right?

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,790 Posts
Turn based: Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2

Real Time: Pillars of Eternity 1 & 2

We still have choices. Why Balder's Gate is ignoring its pedigree to only alienate the fans?

I was excited too, having bought both Balder's Gate 1 and 2 and only half finished the first one. Note to self, finish both already.

I will get BG3 on discount as I still have the first 2 to play and let's face it they will blow away BG3 as developers these days can't hold a candle in comparison to the talent of yesteryear. Developers that have sold out to big nasty publishers and we know how that can affect game playability. Something else we did not have to contend with in the past.

If you really want to play BG3, just go buy BG1 & 2 instead. Wait a year so that all bugs, DLC and prices are ironed out and enjoy all the game has to offer trouble free and at a low, low price!

·
Politically incorrect
R5 3100, B550 Mortar, 32GB DDR4 3200, C2000 1TB, 2TB Hitachi, 3TB Toshiba (DT01ACA300), R5 230.
9,257 Posts

We still have choices. Why Balder's Gate is ignoring its pedigree to only alienate the fans?

I was excited too, having bought both Balder's Gate 1 and 2 and only half finished the first one. Note to self, finish both already.

I will get BG3 on discount as I still have the first 2 to play and let's face it they will blow away BG3 as developers these days can't hold a candle in comparison to the talent of yesteryear. Developers that have sold out to big nasty publishers and we know how that can affect game playability. Something else we did not have to contend with in the past.

If you really want to play BG3, just go buy BG1 & 2 instead. Wait a year so that all bugs, DLC and prices are ironed out and enjoy all the game has to offer trouble free and at a low, low price!
I think Never Winter Nights is better than BG.

·
Frog Blast The Vent Core
6,113 Posts

But D&D is turn-based. This is exactly what I have in mind for a D&D-based PC game.

·
waifu for lifu
11,256 Posts

Dang Wolcen had a lot of promise and from most observations it still needs a year or so back in the oven...

·
Registered
5,102 Posts
I have no doubt it will be a great game but I don't think Turn based is the right approach. I think larian is sticking with what they know and just weaving in the lore and the combat rules. I'm still excited to play it however it turns out. I want a real NWN succesor those two games were freaking awesome. Dragon's Age was there until they absolutely butchered it and when to an action game.

It felt more Divinity then Forgotten realms.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts