Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
3DFX User
7,279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bethesda have been answering a few Skrim fan questions on their forums. Game director Todd Howard, lead designer Bruce Nesmith and lead artist Matt Carofano team up to reveal more about Skyrim’s PC specific features. We’ll be getting better textures, “larger render modes,†mod tools and a better interface. Bethesda promise that we won’t see a return of Oblivion’s enormous fonts.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/07/06/th...ded-interface/

Woot!

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
What engine is Skyrim built on again?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo
View Post

Brand new one they created for Skyrim, I believe. Dunno what the name is.

EDIT: Creation Engine.

Also, didn't they announce this like, months ago?

·
Registered
454 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by t3haxle
View Post

Holy crap, Bethesda's finally putting mod tools in a game?

They've never put mod tools in a game? Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls?

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Creation Engine - Bethesda's heavily modified Gamebryo engine.

EDIT: Bah, ninja-d by 7 minutes

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jotun
View Post

They've never put mod tools in a game? Fallout 3, Fallout New Vegas, Elder Scrolls?

Yeah, I've always kind of thought Bethesda put out too much moding tools. It is almost as if they just make the game good and then release the tools so that madders can make it great...at no cost to Bethesa.

but I am not really complaining. The developers have a lot on their plates and can't always put forth the effort that some modders can. Which is a little sad.

But Oblivion probably had the best modding tool kit I've seen for a game to date. The Dragon Age tool kit wasn't bad, but I thought the Oblivion one was easier. The Fallout 3 one was probably the most fun since you could really do anything, but I had a lot of trouble getting stuff to work the way I wanted it to.

Though it wasn't actually IN the game...it was a separate download.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
with mods I can easily put 1000 hours into this game.

Hooray for Elder Scrolls! Hooray for mods!

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
I am pretty sure the creation engine is entirely new. It is not gamebryo. They cant lease an engine, build on it and change the name.

They also said that it was all new, and it was clarified that they meant all new. Its not gamebryo, which is why the mod tools was up for ?s because they had to be recreated.

Good to see they arent totally Porting the game this time. The menus for Oblivion were terribad. Totally console designed.

·
Premium Member
11,178 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vhati
View Post

I am pretty sure the creation engine is entirely new. It is not gamebryo. They cant lease an engine, build on it and change the name.

They also said that it was all new, and it was clarified that they meant all new. Its not gamebryo, which is why the mod tools was up for ?s because they had to be recreated.

Good to see they arent totally Porting the game this time. The menus for Oblivion were terribad. Totally console designed.

The day after release some one had already made a mod for the menus...it was littery the first mod available I think. The same happened in Fallout 3 I believe. I find that often I apply mods on my first play of a game...I really need to stop that, but for GUI mods I don't think it is that big of a deal.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Console ported GUI in Oblivion? No way. The menus were awful on 360 too. They were virtually unusable unless you had a 40"+ tv.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by refeek
View Post

Console ported GUI in Oblivion? No way. The menus were awful on 360 too. They were virtually unusable unless you had a 40"+ tv.

The controls were limited as well.... PC had full keyboard which the game did not make us of.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Quote:

View Post

The controls were limited as well.... PC had full keyboard which the game did not make us of.

Ah truth.

The key layout was awkward to say the least.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jotun
View Post

·
Registered
886 Posts
This is oooollllllddddddd news lol, whatever mistakes Bethesda make we can fix them
biggrin.gif

I say see UI being modified within a few days from release to suit PC.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts