Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Future Ubisoft games could offer in-game purchases after taking an initial $60 chomp of your wallet. GamesBeat says during an investor call, Ubisoft CFO Alain Martinez and Worldwide Online Director Stéphanie Perotti acknowledged the "flexibility" of free-to-play business models and the "opportunity" for full-priced games offering microtransactional items.
Source

Watch Dogs could be the first $60 game with an integrated microtransaction system.

·
Watercooler
3,377 Posts
THis is going to end up wrecking these game companies if they highly believe that every gamer, WANTS to spend more money on there game.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I'm not even mad. Just pleading, please god, no, just no...

• Rep+
Reactions: TopicClocker

·
Registered
5,468 Posts

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
Well they say they're getting rid of DRM...I mean I don't have a problem with this personally as long as it's ONLY cosmetic..

• Rep+
Reactions: TopicClocker

·
Registered
3,187 Posts
Yikes. Nothing makes you miss gaming from ~6 years ago more than news like this. I already dislike DLC and pretty much refuse to buy it, but microtransactions? I get the feeling the games I play are about to become much more barebones than they are already.

Goodbye uncovering secrets, doing quests, etc., hello 'Super Ultra Weapon Packs' for 99 cents each.

Luckily I don't really care about any of Ubisoft's games (or EA, which is the other big company talking like this), but if they do it then everyone will do it.

·
Premium Member
8,262 Posts
Who cares, only people who buy their crap are console kiddies and mindless sheep looking for typical brainless garbage.

They've already successfully destroyed every single franchise they have. They won't have anything left pretty soon

Rainbow Six...Garbage now
Ghost Recon....Garbage now
Prince of Persia....Garbage now
Assassin's Creed...well...that was typical garbage from the start
Silent Hunter....oh we had bugs? We'll make you guys vote for us to fix them, we wont' do it unless there's enough votes though
Splinter Cell.....Garbage now
Far Cry....Garbage now
Hawx...Are they even trying?
Heroes of Might and Magic....I give up

UBIsoft had some of the best franchises in gaming, ever, period. Then they destroyed Red Storm Entertainment. Then they bought Tom Clancy's name so they could throw the name on whatever crap they wanted and get away with it.

Actually, UBI can stay around all they want, just quite releasing your crap on PC's.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Go forth and multiply, Ubi.
rolleyes.gif

·
MEGABYTE ME
2,766 Posts
Next Gen of gaming = pay to build the complete game disguised as DLC. Also we still need that initial $60+ upfront, you to sign off on your rights and run our rubbish clients, stay connected to our servers to play and a subscription fee perhaps. Yea its happening. And I hope it brings everything to a screeching halt so we can get back to basics.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Prophet View Post

Whats the big deal? A lot of full-price games offer item shops nowadays. Its completely optional if you want to spend money on them. The items are almost always purely cosmetic.
I think people are concerned the items could somehow be more than just cosmetic.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.