Overclock.net banner

181 - 195 of 195 Posts

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Paid cosmetics will be a given. As far as paid loot, I can only hope they learned from the fiasco that was the RMAH.
I had no problem with the RMAH tbh, especially when the gem prices bombed out from all the dupes. (bought several hundred of them for like 3 cents each, then turned around and sold them on the regular AH, then sold the gold on the real ah netting netting me about $100 bucks for 15 minutes of work).

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I had no problem with the RMAH tbh, especially when the gem prices bombed out from all the dupes. (bought several hundred of them for like 3 cents each, then turned around and sold them on the regular AH, then sold the gold on the real ah netting netting me about $100 bucks for 15 minutes of work).
I didn't care about it that much either. They were just trying to get a piece of the pie from the people that do it on the side while at the same time making it safer. I also didn't care when they removed it. I do not see them doing aything but cosmetics. In a game like diablo its cash cow for the life of the game and its something that can be continued with just an artist if they wanted to churning stuff out.

·
croak-ee lobbyist
2,420 Posts
I will be upset if cosmetics are really awesome and there is nothing cool you can get in game without paying. I don't mind them as long as there is cool stuff to get in game. I think wow and mounts and pets. Yeah there are some cool ones you can buy but there are a ton that are just as awesome and better by just playing.
I hope they somewhat follow what they have in D3. you could find interesting cosmetics if you spent time, but you could technically buy specific cosmetics by getting higher-tier pre-purchases of other games (I realize that barely counts). With an actual store (or however they implement), I would hope they still have items you can search for in-game. they should test the waters on the cosmic wings in D3 (via b.net). see how many people would pay for them at this point. I bet it would be a surprisingly high count.

·
Registered
5,092 Posts
I hope they somewhat follow what they have in D3. you could find interesting cosmetics if you spent time, but you could technically buy specific cosmetics by getting higher-tier pre-purchases of other games (I realize that barely counts). With an actual store (or however they implement), I would hope they still have items you can search for in-game. they should test the waters on the cosmic wings in D3 (via b.net). see how many people would pay for them at this point. I bet it would be a surprisingly high count.
I have a feeling they will do it pretty well. They do it pretty well in wow with Pets and Mounts. And to be honest it doesn't take a lot of effort to create things like that so I don't see the actual game suffering for the sake of cosmetic MTX.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
i'd even bet mtx stuff is its own little department of animator/rigger/designer/artists whatever.

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
I never enjoyed pvp in D2. Always felt very unskilled and undergeared and got schwacked on the reg. Like it was just thrown in and a few people ran the show.

Not like WoW or SWTOR, where pvp felt a lot more organic to the game and approachable
wut... WoW's PVP was so gear dependent vs skill pre TBC. I stopped at WoTLK and it was still gear dependent.
Heck, screw PVP gear during TBC. Was lucky enough to get Tier 6 + Warglaives and just LOLed at all cloths (Especially warlocks) and even huntards and warriors.

Anyways so far the rumor mills are churning hard and saying this game is gonna have micro-transactions out of its mind.
IE Transmogrify is being taken out so they can sell you visual goods.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
gear dependent + awesome spam macro.

errr mrrr grd. rift PVP was so hilariously broken. Riftblade warrior + pocket cleric = bye bye whole map!

·
Registered
805 Posts
wut... WoW's PVP was so gear dependent vs skill pre TBC. I stopped at WoTLK and it was still gear dependent.

Heck, screw PVP gear during TBC. Was lucky enough to get Tier 6 + Warglaives and just LOLed at all cloths (Especially warlocks) and even huntards and warriors.

Anyways so far the rumor mills are churning hard and saying this game is gonna have micro-transactions out of its mind.

IE Transmogrify is being taken out so they can sell you visual goods.

PvP was (is) something that was an intentional part of the game. It didn’t feel like something that just... happened to be in the game, like in Diablo

·
Registered
2,203 Posts
PvP was (is) something that was an intentional part of the game. It didn’t feel like something that just... happened to be in the game, like in Diablo
If you're trying to say that PVP was more natural, fluid and a norm vs shoe horned in, in WOW. I agree.

·
Registered
805 Posts
If you're trying to say that PVP was more natural, fluid and a norm vs shoe horned in, in WOW. I agree.
Yes, perfect way to put it!

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
wow had examples to follow before it, Diablo did not, as it was something truly new. thinking back on it now, they probably shoe horned it into D2 due to the success being seen over in everquest, that had launched just a few months prior.

·
waifu for lifu
11,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Developer update. I like this much better than an announcement, then the dev goes dark until launch. It seems they want to work with us regarding development ( to an extent) without some sort of early access model. Cool.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,769 Posts
they've probably learned from the self created disaster that is cloud imperium games.

·
Lost in SoCal
466 Posts
New Dev update, I think it's leaning toward 'Path of Diablo 4' art style right now. Not that I'm against that as long as it's got good polish.

https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/diablo4/23308274/diablo-iv-quarterly-update-february-2020?utm_source=d4-q1-dev-update-3-20200304&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=marketing-na-3&utm_content=text-link-developer-update

OK, how do I post that as a preview?

Ah, thank you! I was in simple editor somehow, and that video wasn't being accepted because of the format.

·
PC Enthusiast
975 Posts
Use the 'Insert Link' button.

181 - 195 of 195 Posts