Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Square Enix has confirmed that Final Fantasy VI will be coming to Steam. In fact, it's already there, you just can't play it until December 16.

Originally released in 1994 for the SNES, Final Fantasy VI follows the adventures of a group of rebels who seek to overthrow the Imperial rulers of a steampunk world in which the once-powerful force of magic has faded into distant memory. It was the first in the series to allow players to play as any of the game's main characters, and it remains extremely well-regarded and popular.
source

Its not a direct port, the graphics have been redone to an extent.

·
Cheapest Man On Earth
640 Posts
The ghost train!

This and Dragon Warrior 3 are still my all time favorite RPG games. World of Warcrack convinced the overwhelming majority of RPG makers to go MMO or some form of online only format and sometimes I'm not interested in that. Especially having to rely on other people to perform tasks or being griefed by player killers on pay to win games.

That game cost $70 new and I will never spend more than half that much for a game again. Then again with Steam around you don't ever pay full price unless you are impatient.

·
Premium Member
6,633 Posts
For many this is considered to be the best Final Fantasy. For me personally it's VIII.

I wonder how much money Square made with all the Final Fantasy games over the years. Hell I bought atleast 25 different Final Fantasy games across multiple platforms and even rebought some
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Not sure i like the new artstyle.
Sabin looks really thin compared to the orginal version where he was buff.
It seems it is a port from the IOS version.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
People who would buy this abomination of a port from the mobile version shouldn't be called an FF fan. You deserve to have your money cheated if you decide to plonk down on it.

This release is an insult to the original FFVI.

·
Registered
475 Posts
I have played and finished this game beyond the number of times I should have. Including one playthrough (my last) where i leveled everyone to lvl 99 fighting T-rex's in some forest. After that I decided I was done. Besides I was really disappointed with how they handled the update for mobile. play the original, if you are going to play it, and always wait for shadow.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zealord View Post

For many this is considered to be the best Final Fantasy. For me personally it's VIII.
Same for me but we are in the minority
frown.gif

Still have the original PS disk, PC disk and i have it on Steam

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Only ever got to play it was the SNES release where it was labeled as 3, and even then only on an emulator. But I've done more playthroughs of it than any other 2 FF games combined. Have most everything in the game memorized. Hardest part about playing it outside an emulator for me would be not having the compress time key I used when leveling.

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
This is the best FF game by a mile. compared to FF7 it's better in every aspect. In my opinion it's the best game that has ever been made.

While it would be an insta-buy for me if they remade it in modern graphics, I'm glad this one really is nearly impossible to re-create (unlike ff7 which was just a cop out imo) since it dwarfs FF7

·
waifu for lifu
11,608 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMock View Post

This is the best FF game by a mile. compared to FF7 it's better in every aspect. In my opinion it's the best game that has ever been made.

While it would be an insta-buy for me if they remade it in modern graphics, I'm glad this one really is nearly impossible to re-create (unlike ff7 which was just a cop out imo) since it dwarfs FF7
For me FF6 hands down my fav, especially the music. I'll pick this up when its out. One SE director has made his interest known he would love to remake another FF. I hope its this one. I'd like to see more gameplay footage of this redone version. Its always tricky when you veer off the original design. I dont have my SNES anymore so i cant just pop the cartridge in and play it. I still remember leaving Shadow on the floating continent. I never forgave myself.
sad-smiley-002.gif

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by keikei View Post

For me FF6 hands down my fav, especially the music. I'll pick this up when its out. One SE director has made his interest known he would love to remake another FF. I hope its this one. I'd like to see more gameplay footage of this redone version. Its always tricky when you veer off the original design. I dont have my SNES anymore so i cant just pop the cartridge in and play it. I still remember leaving Shadow on the floating continent. I never forgave myself.
sad-smiley-002.gif
I can't imagine Square Enix being capable of properly re-creating the world of FF6. If recreating 7 is a monumental task, 6 would definitely be impossible. the world of ff6 is way bigger with way more characters and depth.

And I definitely agree, 6 has the best musical score of any game by a mile.

I think 4 would be a much more manageable game to re make in today's tech while staying true to the original.

·
Overclocked by Jesus
4,759 Posts
6 is by far the best. Glad this is happening and that PC is now getting SE ports of everything. Now I really don't need a PS4 (for 15 and 7R).

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by benbenkr View Post

Wait, you people are actually accepting the fact that this is an inferior port and will buy it irregardless?

What?

rolleyes.gif
Yeah, man! How can people have different priorities and make different decisions? It's an outrage!

·
486DX2 66
4,170 Posts
How about Dragon Quest VIII for steam with achievements?
thumb.gif
biggrin.gif

1 - 20 of 41 Posts