1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
SpaceStationGaming
9,430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Cool. How about removing AAA games from the Windows Store and instead integrating it into the Xbox app which already exists on W10? That would make it a true competitor to Steam/Origin/Uplay/GOG.

As it stands nothing annoys me more than opening the windows store and seeing phone apps when all I want to see are PC games. If I wanted to see phone apps I'd turn on my phone.

·
AMD Gamer
608 Posts
windows store feels like another push for games for windows live since you also have to log into your live account to access

·
professional curmudgeon
10,401 Posts
Quote:
Spencer showed an existing Steamworks game, Age of Empires II, running as a converted app for UWP (which let it show off how many players were online in a Start menu live tile) and the game seemingly ran normally. Spencer also promised any of the mods in the game would work just fine, but didn't demonstrate them in action.
less talk more action, please.

then i may consider going back to win10.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm not believing any of it until I see it, waaaay to many empty promises from MS. So far there they have released 2 games for the Windows store and both have a ton of problems (on top of all the UWP restrictions that in place right now).

·
Registered
822 Posts
this is a step in the right direction but with no mention of multi-gpu support which besides the mods and refresh rate I think is the biggest issue they have a long way to go to earn the respect of a community that uses Steam.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versa View Post

Not surprising after the initial backlash
Yea I honestly wonder what is going through their heads when they were about to publish that initial information. They have to have known that the PC community won't bend over and take that and just let them castrate us without huge uproar.

Then again I remember when they announced the stream xbox feature to win 10 PC's they first threw all PC gamers into the same category as "mobile gamers" (LOL professionals are the same as a mid 40's mother who plays candy crush??) and then said that they care about the future of PC gaming only to reveal that they just meant playing a peasant box streaming through the PC. I just don't understand how their heads could be that far up their rears...

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by andydabeast View Post

Yea I honestly wonder what is going through their heads when they were about to publish that initial information. They have to have known that the PC community won't bend over and take that and just let them castrate us without huge uproar.

Then again I remember when they announced the stream xbox feature to win 10 PC's they first threw all PC gamers into the same category as "mobile gamers" (LOL professionals are the same as a mid 40's mother who plays candy crush??) and then said that they care about the future of PC gaming only to reveal that they just meant playing a peasant box streaming through the PC. I just don't understand how their heads could be that far up their rears...
At points i feel like there is some internal conflict between the actual OS developers and the gaming side of MS. The gaming side is always there with all the promises but somewhere along the way it gets changed into something entirely or vanished into the ether.

·
Registered
966 Posts
The majority of my games that are compatible with Xp through to win 8.1. Why would i purchase products that are only limited to one OS, especially since DX12 thus far has proven to be moot

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,826 Posts
Without the ability to select where to install apps, store is useless for me. Tomb Raider and Forza Apex are 28gb each, GoW is 52 gb. Not gonna fit my SSD. Apparently, Win10 early builds had "MOVE" option for installed apps, later disabled. Probably will be re-added as a feature after free upgrade period ends
biggrin.gif

·
PC Evangelist
46,964 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post

Without the ability to select where to install apps, store is useless for me. Tomb Raider and Forza Apex are 28gb each, GoW is 52 gb. Not gonna fit my SSD. Apparently, Win10 early builds had "MOVE" option for installed apps, later disabled. Probably will be re-added as a feature after free upgrade period ends
biggrin.gif
You can move apps even now.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
I really want to buy Quantum Break on PC but the fact that it recommends a 980ti for ultra...and the fact that there was no SLI profile - I assume because it's on the windows store and no game on the windows store has sli support, at least not yet, and these updates aren't supposed to be released until nearly a month after quantum breaks release

·
Crayon Evangelist
7,609 Posts
All I am going to say in this thread is this:

If I buy a game in the Microsft Store, I better be able to play it on my XBone too, otherwise full STEAM ahead.

·
I might have tacos tonite
22,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by inedenimadam View Post

All I am going to say in this thread is this:

If I buy a game in the Microsft Store, I better be able to play it on my XBone too, otherwise full STEAM ahead.
Devs will never go for that though
frown.gif
. They want that double dip $$$.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er View Post

You can move apps even now.
Really? All i see is choosing where to install them but i don't think it would move them.
Not to mention they are locked in some secret folder you first have to take ownership and such from.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
3,893 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assirra View Post

Really? All i see is choosing where to install them but i don't think it would move them.
Not to mention they are locked in some secret folder you first have to take ownership and such from.
Just go to your program list like you're going to uninstall, click on the program you want to move, click on move, choose the drive, done.

·
Registered
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kcamaross View Post

Just go to your program list like you're going to uninstall, click on the program you want to move, click on move, choose the drive, done.
Oh i see, it is only in their second control panel. (god i hate the double control panel nonsense)

1 - 20 of 42 Posts