1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE

Rogue Ant Simulator devs blow budget on 'liquor and strippers'
Quote:
Well here's the sort of story that hasn't been seen since the '90s. Ant Simulator has been cancelled after two of the devs allegedly blew Kickstarter and investment funding on restaurants, booze and strippers. Yeah.
The video above is a tough listen. In it, Eric Tereshinski resigns as lead programmer on Ant Simulator after discovering the extent of his long-term friends' spending. If it's not obvious, 'long-term' can now be swapped for 'former'.
"A year and a half ago, I signed an LLC agreement with them," Tereshinski says. "I trusted them and they had been my friends for 11 years. That means that resigning, and therefore cancelling the development of Ant Simulator, is really the only option available to me right now."

Quote:
Worse, Tereshinski claims that he's legally obligated to take any videos that were created as part of his work for ETeeski LLC down from his channel, including all Ant Simulator videos and a popular, Kickstarter-funded series of game development tutorials.
"They went over the contract line by line with me and I reviewed the whole thing twice," Tereshinski comments in response to calls for a lawsuit. "I just didn't realize they had protected themselves, screwed me (like the fact that they listed themselves as consultants, so they aren't legally obligated to work on anything, but still have the rights to spend money etc.), and I had no idea what their plan was until it was too late."
People who pre-ordered Ant Simulator can expect an email to try to arrange a refund. If Tereshinski's account is accurate, it's a catastrophically bleak situation. We covered Ant Simulator in September, and it looked like a promising, unique survival game, now squashed.
oh ....
mad.gif

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Your sig really fits this topic
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
How hard done by must they have been to personally squander $4k? It's not exactly a large amount of money....

·
Registered
474 Posts
That's pretty funny actually.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiNet View Post

Not a lot of restaurants/booze/strippers for 4k tho
so, they got one good night with strippers and booze.

·
Premium Member
6,636 Posts
The kickstarter fund was only $4,000? I wouldnt even try to make a mobile game based of a budget that small. Seems like it was doomed from the start....

·
Premium Member
4,312 Posts
I think they should do another kickstarter for a "Liquor and Strippers" simulator, ...since they've spent so much on the research.

Then follow it up with "Coke and Hookers" as a sequel.

...then finally, the "Rehab and STD Testing" simulator to round out the trilogy.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsquare View Post

I think they should do another kickstarter for a "Liquor and Strippers" simulator, ...since they've spent so much on the research.

...then finally, the "Rehab and STD Testing" simulator to round out the trilogy.
Haha golden

+rep

·
Registered
874 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegreatsquare View Post

Dont forget there need to be some remarkable coincidences!!!

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
4K, easily done in a couple of hours in strip club, so I've been told.

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Damn this sucks. I seriously hope there's some legal recourse for this guy. His friends really screwed him over...Also what the heck, I was excited for a modern day ant simulator.
mad.gif

If nothing else, this should be a lesson to read the damn fine print, even it's a contract with your grandmother.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by serothis View Post

If nothing else, this should be a lesson to read the damn fine print, even it's a contract with your grandmother.
Though, to be fair, the chances of your grandmother legally screwing you over to pay for strippers are slightly smaller.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyVT View Post

This is why I don't invest in something that isn't currently playable.
This! And I learned that the hard way. I invested quite a bit of money in Stargate Worlds a while back and the Owner/CEO of that company developing went out and spent/stole all the money invested in it. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money in that investment. Hell, my parents and one of their friends that that gave us the lead on it (pretty sure he lost more than a million) visited the studio and there were a lot of developers working hard to get the game released. Game had a lot of promise.

I think the bastard is currently in Mexico or something like that living it up.
mad.gif

I will never invest in a game that is being developed again and I think this will be a big trend with all this Kickstarter stuff now.

·
Registered
3,105 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbobb View Post

This! And I learned that the hard way. I invested quite a bit of money in Stargate Worlds a while back and the Owner/CEO of that company developing went out and spent/stole all the money invested in it. I know a lot of people that lost a lot of money in that investment. Hell, my parents and one of their friends that that gave us the lead on it (pretty sure he lost more than a million) visited the studio and there were a lot of developers working hard to get the game released. Game had a lot of promise.

I think the bastard is currently in Mexico or something like that living it up.
mad.gif

I will never invest in a game that is being developed again and I think this will be a big trend with all this Kickstarter stuff now.
Never heard about this game before.
Watched 9 min. gameplay from 2012... maaaan it looks absolutely terrible. I don't think it would survive even if it was released.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts