Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Getting to the final moments of a match in Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is a tense experience. It might be just you and one or two other opponents, each trying to bait the other into revealing their position for a quick kill. But for Andrew Panton, seeing the words "Winner, winner, chicken dinner" on his screen has a whole new meaning. He's taking on the Chicken Dinner Challenge, which mandates that he can eat one roast chicken each time he wins a match and that's it. No veggies, no fruits, just roast chickens. For a month.
source

https://www.twitch.tv/andrewpanton

Attachments

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Natural selection, lets just let this happen...

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think he's trying to standout among the x number of other pubg streamers and streamers in general. Its a good hook though. Unless he cheats, he does'nt eat until he wins. Even if you're not a fan of the game, the curiosity alone may bring him more viewers. The partner day seems to be a back up of sorts, just in case he cant get a win all week. Ironically, the worse thing about this premise is eating only chicken for a month. Ugh. He's going to look and probably feel miserable by the end of it.

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
He's gonna have to hire a competent plumber after all of this is done ya know.

·
Old to Overclock.net
3,399 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Worse case scenario the guy doesn't eat for an entire month, but i think he would resort to using aim bots at a certain point. He doesn't mention hacks in obtaining said chicken dinner, so by any means necessary I guess.

·
Registered
111 Posts
And people wonder why I stick with the less viewed, more comfy streams. The current streaming model is either begging for subscriptions and donations every 30 seconds, blatant advertisements, pointless gimmicks, or putting up an overexaggerated fake persona - it gets annoying before long. Whatever happened to just setting up a chill gaming session while chatting with whoever's viewing? Maybe it's me who's just getting old, and the majority just likes the former.

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
This could end up being a fascinating social experiment. How long can a man last without eating before resorting to aimbot and wallhack? Survival versus integrity! Will he die to preserve his internet honour?

TUNE IN TO FIND OUT.

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I find it fascinating. He's literally playing to survive.

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,702 Posts
I'm so glad I have hobbies and stuff to do. :D

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
1. Let the chicken sit covered at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. This will ensure an even cook and is very important to achieve the best results as it's temperature will be uniform through out and will cook faster.

2. Preheat overn to 450F

3. Wash chicken and remove gizzards and neck

4. Cover the cavity with a liberal amount of Kosher salt

5. Add a sachet of Thyme, Rosemary, Sage inside the cavity

6. Truss the chicken with butchers twine (This ensures an even roast) http://nourishedkitchen.com/how-to-truss-a-chicken/

7. Coat the outside with a liberal amount of Kosher salt. (This will help it develop a nice crispy skin when cooking

8. Sprinkle Rosemary on the outside of the chicken. (When sprinkling spices always hold your hand some distance from the target, this ensures a more even and random coating)

9. Place the trussed chicken breast side up in a roasting pan, or cast iron skillet and place in oven.

10. Cook for 12 minuets per pound. (11 - 13 is ok, or until juices from the inside of the thigh run clear)

11. When time has finished, remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minuets before carving.

·
Guitar + Amp = Happiness
3,702 Posts
I mean doesn't a traditional chicken dinner involve more than just chicken?

·
waifu for lifu
11,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1. Let the chicken sit covered at room temperature for 2 to 3 hours. This will ensure an even cook and is very important to achieve the best results as it's temperature will be uniform through out and will cook faster.

2. Preheat overn to 450F

3. Wash chicken and remove gizzards and neck

4. Cover the cavity with a liberal amount of Kosher salt

5. Add a sachet of Thyme, Rosemary, Sage inside the cavity

6. Truss the chicken with butchers twine (This ensures an even roast) http://nourishedkitchen.com/how-to-truss-a-chicken/

7. Coat the outside with a liberal amount of Kosher salt. (This will help it develop a nice crispy skin when cooking

8. Sprinkle Rosemary on the outside of the chicken. (When sprinkling spices always hold your hand some distance from the target, this ensures a more even and random coating)

9. Place the trussed chicken breast side up in a roasting pan, or cast iron skillet and place in oven.

10. Cook for 12 minuets per pound. (11 - 13 is ok, or until juices from the inside of the thigh run clear)

11. When time has finished, remove chicken from oven and let rest 10 minuets before carving.
I may be underestimating the streamer, but there is no way he can cook! My bet, if he wins a match, he'll be doing KFC drive through...wait thats me.

I mean doesn't a traditional chicken dinner involve more than just chicken?
You're technically right, as long as chicken is the main ingredient he can basically have anything else with it. https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/articles/50-chicken-dinner-recipes

Things really will get interesting if he doesnt win in the first full day. He's got to be starving at that point.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,577 Posts
So, basically he'll be miserable either way. And that assuming if he won't lose on purpose to "regulate" that chicken intake.

"Play stupid games, win stupid prizes" comes to mind.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I may be underestimating the streamer, but there is no way he can cook! My bet, if he wins a match, he'll be doing KFC drive through...wait thats me.
Follow that recipe and you'll have have one hell of a chicken dinner on hand. Optionally you can put a few strips of bacon across the breast for some added flavor. Impress your friends, family, and/or significant other (prospective or otherwise) with it.

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Starving yourself for a month can be healthy if done in a controlled manner, the biggest problem is he'll get diarrhea every time he suddenly eats a pound of meat after starving for a week.

Or maybe he'll get fat from eating too much chicken if this is really all he's doing for a month.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts